Racial Equity Challenge Webinars
Friday, April 23, Let's Grow Through Racial Healing » USF Graduate student Charlene Johnson will share the powerful spoken word video "Let's Grow" and lead a discussion about what it means to face racism head on.
Past Racial Equity Challenge Discussions
Friday, April 9, An Examen for Racism »: Father Donal Godfrey leads a discussion about how our actions and privilege contribute to the destruction of the dignity and humanity of the Black community in the U.S.
- Review the Examen for Racism.
- Watch Eyes to See (AJCU Anti-Racism Examen)
- Examen questions for self-reflection and break-out group discussion:
- What feelings do the voices and images in the Composition of Place video elicit in me?
- With what did I resonate?
- With what did I experience resistance?
- What experiences of racism have I had or seen on campus?
- What stories about race stick in my memory and influence how I think of racism now?
Friday, April 16, No Shushing - Addressing Silences in our Collections »: Led by Gleeson Library staff Gina Murrell, Sherise Kimura, Elisa Rodrigues, Annie Reid, and Justine Withers