Non-Union Performance Management
In this process, the supervisor and employee work together to establish, monitor and review the employee’s work objectives and overall contributions to the organization for the year. The University requires performance appraisals to take place on an annual basis as an employment requirement. Performance Management provides supervisors with an opportunity to assess employees’ current performance – recognizing their strengths, celebrating their achievements, identifying areas of improvement and/or professional development, and planning for/setting goals for the next review period.
The University requires that supervisors of non-union staff conduct a performance appraisal annually within the USFWorks platform.
Performance reviews consist of the following process:
- Employees are required to complete a self-appraisal to review their own performance from the previous year.
- Supervisors are required to complete a performance appraisal to review and assess their employee’s performance from the previous year, and to review and revise their employee’s goals as needed for the next year.
- The supervisor's manager will review and approve the final appraisal before it is shared with the employee.
- Supervisors are required to meet one-on-one with their employees to review and discuss the completed performance appraisal.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact your Dean or Vice President. If you need assistance with the process itself, please contact the Human Resources office at email@example.com and we would be happy to provide assistance.
- The employee must acknowledged the final appraisal in USFWorks. Once acknowledged, the appraisal will remain archived in the system and available to the employee and their manager for future reference.
The 2022 non-union performance period is Jan. 1, 2022 to Dec. 31, 2022. The process will start with staff receiving a task in USFWorks to begin their self-appraisal and finish with the staff member and their manager meeting to review the completed appraisal. The 2022 appraisal timeline is below.