The University partners with Experian Verify to fulfill employees' requests for proof of employment and/or income. Rather than submit requests to Human Resources, employees will use Experian Verify to obtain financial information.
Once employees provide Experian Verify's contact information to the interested party (e.g. a bank, car dealership or landlord), they may obtain the necessary employment information. Experian Verify’s contact information is below:
This free verification service is accessible to all employees on University of San Francisco’s payroll.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Experian Verify?
Experian Verify is an online service that USF uses to verify employment and/or income as requested by its employees. Experian Verify allows businesses like banks, credit card companies, leasing agents and prospective employers to confirm your employment and/or income to process loan applications, screen potential job applicants and confirm government assistance eligibility.
Can anyone access my information?
No. For security purposes, only businesses that have received either employee authorization or completed a process that confirms the legitimacy of their business and have a valid reason as defined by the Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) may view an employee's employment and income information through Experian Verify. Employees may block access of employment and income verification reports to non-governmental requestors at any time.
Why do I need to use it?
USF uses Experian Verify to help protect employees' personal information and to expedite the turnaround time for employment and income verification requests.
Can I stop someone from accessing my information?
Yes. Employees can block access to verification reports with the exception of requests made on behalf of the government. To block access to one's information from all non-governmental requestors, employees should: (1) log into Experian Verify, (2) select "Manage Profile" from the "My Account" menu and (3) check the "Requestor Access" box.
Some of the information contained on my report is wrong. What do I do?
Employees can file a dispute at any time through Experian Verify. Experian Verify's customer service team will work to resolve the issue and/or refer the employee back to his or her employer within the legally required time frame. In the interim, employees can block their account so that information is not viewable to any businesses. Employees are the only ones with the ability to block or unblock their account information. For contact information, go to Experian Verify, and select "Help."
Can I be notified if someone accesses my information?
Yes, an employee can check a box in their profile to alert the system to notify them by email when requestors access their information. To configure an account, employees should (1) log into Experian Verify, (2) select "Manage Profile" from the "My Account" menu and (3) check the "E-Mail Notification" box.
What information can requestors see?
There are two reports that requestors can see:
- A verification of employment report, which contains the following employee information:
- Job title
- Job status (active, separated, on-leave, etc.)
- Work status (full-time, part-time, temporary, etc.)
- Date of hire
- Employer's name
- Employer's address
- A verification of income report, which contains all of the information in the employment report, plus:
- Current year-to-day pay information
- Prior two year earnings
- Base pay
- Pay frequency
How do I access my annual FREE verification report?
Once an employee activates their account, they can view their free, annual income and employment verification report from the main menu. Employees can obtain this free report once per year or call Customer Service at (855) 901-3099 should they desire more than one in a given year.
How do I activate my account?
- From your Internet browser, go to Experian Verify.
- Click the Employee icon.
- Enter the following information:
- Your email address - use the address you access most often
- Create a password - must be at least 8 characters long and contain 1 uppercase character, 1 lower case character, and one number or special character
- Your Social Security Number
- Security Code - use the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Optional - click the box to receive an email whenever a verifier requests income and employment information for you
- Once all of the information above is complete, you will receive an email containing a link to activate your account.