Internal Career Opportunities
Employees are encouraged to explore career development opportunities within the University. Job postings are accessible through the Human Resources online application system. In order to be considered for a position, employees must complete an online application for the desired job. Generally, employees who are promoted or transferred will have benefits, accumulated leave, and service credit carried over from their previous job.
Transfers and Promotions
Employees may apply for vacant positions or promotions at the University if they meet the following criteria:
- Employed in their current position for at least six months
- Received satisfactory or better performance ratings on their most recent performance reviews
- Meet the minimum criteria for the new job Exceptions must be approved in writing by the employee’s current supervisor and the supervisor of the desired position.
Best Practices When Applying for Internal Jobs
It is important for employees to maintain open communication with their supervisors. Employees are encouraged to discuss job options and opportunities with their supervisors, including the decision to apply for other positions within the University. The following best practices are recommended for employees who are considering applying for a transfer or promotion:
- Confirm their eligibility for transfer or promotion prior to applying for the new job
- Notify their current supervisor when applying or interviewing for other jobs at the University
- Provide a two-week notice to their current supervisor so an appropriate exit/transfer strategy can be developed