Internal Career Opportunities
USF employees are encouraged to explore career development opportunities within the University. All open positions are accessible through the Careers at USF and the USFWorks internal career site, which is accessible through the Find Jobs task.
In order to be considered for a position, employees must complete an online application for the desired position. Generally, employees who are promoted or transferred will have benefits, accumulated leave, and service credit carried over from their previous position.
Transfers and Promotions
Employees may apply for vacant positions or promotions at the University if they meet the following criteria:
- Employed in their current position for at least six months
- Received satisfactory or better performance ratings on their most recent performance reviews
- Meet the minimum criteria for the new position
Exceptions must be approved in writing by the employee’s current supervisor and the supervisor of the desired position.
Best Practices When Applying for Internal Positions
It is important for employees to maintain open communication with their supervisors. Employees are encouraged to discuss position options and opportunities with their supervisors, including the decision to apply for other positions within the University. The following best practices are recommended for employees who are considering applying for a transfer or promotion:
- Confirm their eligibility for transfer or promotion prior to applying for the new position
- Notify their current supervisor when applying or interviewing for other positions at the University
- Provide a two-week notice to their current supervisor so an appropriate exit/transfer strategy can be developed