Meet the SOM Business Librarian
Reference Librarian/Liaison to the School of Management, and the Departments of Sport Management, Advertising, and Data Science Gleeson Library/Geschke Learning Center
(415) 422-5389 (phone) | (415) 422-2233 (fax)
An endowed scholarship in the name of Dominic and Leona Tarantino was established to support School of Management Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) accounting majors who are active leaders within the accounting field and demonstrate leadership within their extracurricular activities. Recipients for the 2021-2022 academic year will be chosen based on these factors with preference for students who graduated from a San Francisco high school.
- This scholarship was established by a generous gift from Dominic and Leona Tarantino. The chosen recipients may be invited by USF to meet with Mr. Tarantino.
- As funds allow, a minimum of two scholarships will be distributed each academic year.
- University grants (both merit and need-based awards) are funded in part through the financial support received from alumni, donors, and friends of the University of San Francisco, including staff and faculty. By applying for this scholarship, you understand that the award will be reflected and included as part of your overall financial aid award from USF, and that the total amount will not be increased by the Dominic and Leona Tarantino Accounting Scholarship award.
This scholarship is an accomplishment and recognizes your hard work and academic success.
- Must be a full-time (minimum 12 credits per semester) junior or senior BSBA student with a declared accounting major who is actively engaged in, and demonstrates leadership in, extracurricular activities.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher for all USF coursework and a minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA in the accounting major coursework.
- Must complete the online application, which includes submission of a 1,000 word essay that articulates your extracurricular activities in the accounting field and the leadership role you have taken in these activities.
- Eligible accounting majors will be contacted directly about the opportunity to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, March 21, 2021
Apply now >>
Zoom with a representative of FWSF about applying for this prestigious scholarship!
FWSF 2021 Scholarship Info Sessions: Thursday, Feb. 25 | 12–12:30 p.m. PST | Zoom (ID: Somundergrad) Wednesday, March 3 | 5-6 pm PST | Zoom (ID: 87502910264)
Would you like to have $10,000 for tuition, a personal mentor in the financial field, and membership to a prestigious professional organization for women? These are just some of the benefits awarded to undergraduate recipients of the Financial Women of San Francisco (FWSF) 2021 Scholarship!
Every year, FWSF awards scholarships to women studying to enter the fields of accounting, finance or financial services. FWSF is a fabulous organization that not only provides funds to the recipients of the scholarship, but also enables them to be mentored by successful women in the financial industry.
USF undergraduates are among the past recipients!
Visit Financial WomenSF.com for more information and to start your application now!
Questions: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may apply for one or both scholarships using the application link below.
HAROLD BALZER ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
- The approximate award is $2,000*
- Must have Sophomore, Junior, or Senior class standing for the 2021-22 academic year
- The recipient may be asked by the University to meet with Mr. Balzer or his representative
W.F. AND MARIE A. BATTON ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
- The approximate award is $8,000*
- Must have Junior or Senior class standing for the 2021-22 academic year
- The recipient may be asked by the University to meet with a representative of the Batton Foundation
*As with all endowed scholarships, award amounts will vary annually based on market performance.
- Enrolled for the 2021-22 academic year (fall 2021 and spring 2022)
- A full time declared business major (minimum 12 credit hours per semester)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30
- Must have a 2021-22 FAFSA on file (see note below)
- Demonstrated leadership within the University and/or the School of Management; recipients are chosen based on their leadership qualities and the likelihood that they will be an active alumnus
Note: Need-based eligibility and disbursements will be determined by the Office of Financial Aid and any applicable federal student aid laws and policies. Need is determined by the timely submission of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2021-22 academic year.
- You must be signed into your myUSF account to complete the application
- Complete the online application and essay; one application and essay topic for both scholarships
- An essay that should be no more than 300 words on the following topic: What leadership characteristics have you developed as a student at the School of Management, and how have your leadership opportunities at USF prepared you for your future career?
Please note that University grants (both merit and need-based awards) are funded in part through the financial support received from alumni, donors, and friends of the University of San Francisco, including staff and faculty. By applying for these scholarships, you understand that the award will be reflected and included as part of your overall 2021-22 financial aid award from USF, and that the total amount of your award will not be increased by the Harold Balzer Endowed Scholarship or the W.F. and Marie A. Batton Endowed Scholarship.
These prestigious scholarships are accomplishments that recognize your hard work and academic success, and would be an impressive addition to your resume as well.
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR BOTH SCHOLARSHIPS
11:59 pm PDT, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2021
Go to: https://rb.gy/wj6fbj to apply
We look forward to receiving your application for these prestigious scholarships! If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com