COVID Tenant Town Halls 1/2021
Except From Town Hall: State Senator Scott Wiener 1/2021
Thank you to everyone that attended our tenant town hall last week. If you missed the broadcast, you can rewatch it.
Town Hall Broadcast
The following information is a full list of resources for tenants that were covered during the town hall. If you have any additional questions regarding your housing situation or any other hardships you may be facing, please contact my office at 415-557-1300, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help.
More Details on SB 91 - Eviction Moratorium
- Extends all protections until June 30, 2021
- Tenants must pay 25% of all rent owed from 9/1/20 to 6/30/21 by the end of the new moratorium date (either monthly or in one lump sum) to be protected from eviction
- Creates new $2.6 billion state rental assistance program for tenants and landlords to pay off tenants’ unpaid rental debt (Application will be available no later than March 15)
- Learn more and find state resources at Housing is Key
San Francisco Rent Board
- The Rent Board oversees all rental rules and regulations in the City. You can contact them for counseling in English, Spanish, or Cantonese.
- SF Rent Board
Tenants Together (Represented by panelist Shanti Singh)
- Statewide organization offering eviction protection resources and counseling.
- Tenants Together
Tenderloin Housing Clinic (Represented by panelist Steve Collier)
- Local law office offering legal representation and consultation for low-income tenants.
- thc- Tenderloin Housing Clinic