Wage and Tax Statements
USF is required to report all taxable wages to Federal and State agencies. The information on the W-2 is used by employees to file Federal and State Income Tax returns. All employees who received taxable wages in a calendar year (January 1st through December 31st), will receive a W-2 statement.
2018 Employment Tax Updates
The Social Security (OASDI) wage limit for maximum taxable earnings will increase from $127,200 to $128,400 in 2018.
The California State Disability Insurance (SDI) and Voluntary Disability Insurance (VDI) withholding rate will increase from 0.9 percent to 1.0 percent in 2018. The taxable wage limit is increasing from $110,902 to $114,967 for each employee per calendar year 2018.
W-2 Mail Distribution
W-2s are automatically mailed to all employees with taxable income. For currently active employees, W-2s are also available online through MyUSF beginning 02/01/2018 ("MyUSF"/"Employee Self Service">"Employee tab">"Tax Forms">"W-2 Wage and Tax Statement")
Your W-2 Mailing Address
The W-2s are mailed to the current mailing address on file on as of January 15th. To view and update your current mailing address information, log into MyUSF and follow these instructions:
- Click on the 'Self Service' Employee box.
- Click on the 'Personal Information' link.
- Click on 'Addresses and Phones'.
- Under 'Mailing', review the address listed as 'Current.'
- If the 'Current' address does not match the address where you would like your W-2 mailed, or if there is no 'Mailing' address listed, select 'Mailing' from the 'Type of Address to Insert' drop-down menu, and click 'Submit.'
- Follow the on-page instruction to enter or update your Mailing address information and click 'Submit.'
If you are unable to access MyUSF to change your address, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your current address, CWID, and current telephone number.
Requesting Duplicate W-2 Statements
If you have not received your W-2 or if your W-2 has been misplaced, you may request that a copy be reprinted and mailed to your residence, or held at Accounting and Business Services for pick-up, by completing a W-2 Reprint Request form and emailing it to email@example.com. Duplicate copies will be mailed every Friday, beginning February 9th.
**Please note that beginning February 1, 2018, active employees may also access electronic copies of their W-2 via MyUSF ("Employee Self Service">"Employee tab">"Tax Forms">"W-2 Wage and Tax Statement").