The University of San Francisco (USF) is committed to supporting students in achieving their educational objectives. Measures of student achievement typically include graduation and retention rates, as well as student achievement of learning outcomes.
Graduation and Retention Rates
All graduation and retention data are provided by OIRA/CIPE.
- Graduation and retention rates disaggregated by school/college, sex, and race/ethnicity
- Graduation and retention rates displayed as a table
Six-year Graduation Rates
Yearly Assessment of Student Learning
Each program at USF participated in ongoing assessment and evaluation activities by assessing Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)--easily identifiable actions that students are expected to demonstrate in terms of knowledge, skills, and attitudes upon completion of a program. All programs have an assessment plan that designates when each PLO will be assessed within a regular cycle. Programs then conduct an annual assessment of student learning focusing on that year's PLO(s).
The purpose of conducting assessment of student learning is to understand the following:
- What do we want students to learn?
- How well are they learning?
- How do we know?
The results of this inquiry guide program planning for continuous improvement in student learning, we as we ongoing improvements in a program's assessment practices. Through annually assessing the gains in student learning and making programmatic adjustments, USF achieves and improves student success. The assessment process and results are presented in a report.
For Assessment Reports organized by college/school, please visit the Assessment of Student Learning page.
Academic Program Review
The Academic Program Review (APR) is a process of regular, systematic review and evaluation of most academic degree programs, regardless of its mode of delivery. Programs engage in the APR process every 5 to 8 years, depending on the needs of the program. The majority of programs are reviewed every 7 years.
For Self-studies and Executive Summaries organized by college/school, please visit the Academic Program Review page.
Educational Effectiveness Indicators
Below is a sample of additional educational effectiveness indicators for USF:
- USF Quick Facts (Fall 2018)
- USF Fact Book & Almanac (January 2018)
- Inventory of Educational Effectiveness Indicators (March 2018)
- Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) (2014)
- NSSE Multi-Year Report (2014 - 2018)
- Student Satisfaction Inventory (2006-2012)
- Student, Staff, and Faculty Diversity (2009 - 2017)
|COMPLAINT RESOLUTION PROCEDURES >>|