Center for Institutional Planning and Effectiveness (CIPE)
The primary goal of the Center for Institutional Planning and Effectiveness (CIPE) is to create an integrated model of evidence based decision making to support the University's leadership in its commitment to the core mission and progress towards strategic priorities.
The offices of Institutional Research & Analytics, Planning & Budget, and Assessment and Accreditation Support work together to provide you data reports and services that will enhance and support your data needs.
The Operating Budget, Tuition & Fees, and related financial information can be referenced on Planning and Budget's Office Reports web page.
Large scale institutional surveys (more than 100 prospective participants) should refer to the Guidelines for Institutional Surveys. Once you review these guidelines, contact email@example.com to get your institutional survey started.
For reports, dashboards, and other services, please submit a data request in the CIPE section on Data Assist. You will need to be logged in to myUSF to access Data Assist.
How to request for Tableau and / or ODSP account access
Please note that it is the requester’s responsibility to complete ALL the following steps before an account can be created.
- Complete the Infosec elevated security training. Use KB12023 as a reference to enroll yourself, or contact Neil Johnson to enroll to the required courses.
When accessing the Banner Access Request form, please select “InfoSec Elevated Access Training” box shown in step 2.
Follow through the rest of the instructions to enroll and complete the courses.
Remember to sign the “Confidentiality Agreement” at the end of the course.
- Once the training courses are completed, send an email to the security officers and have them approve on the account. For example, if you are accessing finance data, email should be sent to Ivy Efendioglu for approval, likewise, if you need to access student data, email Kevin Wilson for approval. Tableau / ODSP account will not be created without the approval.
Security Officers by Business Area:
Accounts Receivable: Bryan Wallander
Advancement: Janice Lee
Finance: Ivy Efendioglu
Financial Aid: Mary Booker
General: Neil Johnson, Steve Bair
Student: Kevin Wilson
- Create a service now incident request ticket and assign to ITS > ETS >Data Analytics > Alisa Shiu. Please paste the security officer’s approval into the ticket. You can also email Alisa with the ticket number if you cannot directly assign the ticket to her.
Training and Resources
Tableau User Guide: Covers basic navigation and functionality of Tableau Server environment.
Training Videos courtesy of Tableau (you will be asked to set up an account before access is allowed)
- Getting Started with Tableau Server
- Interacting with Content on Tableau Server
- Navigating the Tableau Mobile App
- Interacting with Content on the Tableau Mobile App
- Tableau on the Phone
- Creating Data Alert Subscriptions
Please establish finance access before attending training.