Student Disability Services Exam Accommodations
To properly use exam accommodations, there are a few steps to follow. We wrote them out below, and also created a video tutorial and a frequently asked questions page. However, if you have any questions, please just let us know. We will be happy to go through it with you.
At least two weeks before an exam
- Request exam accommodations through SDS Online Services. This will initiate an email to go out to your professors called a “Faculty Notification Letter”.
- Communicate with your professor. Ask your professor if they would prefer to proctor your exam, or if you should take it at SDS. If they want you to take it at SDS, please make sure they fill out the “Alternative Testing Contract” by clicking the link in your Faculty Notification Letter.
At least one week before an exam
Log back into SDS online services. Click on “Alternative Testing”. If your professor has submitted an Alternative Testing Contract, then you will be able to sign up for your exam at this time.
- Click on the class, and then “Schedule an Exam”
- Scroll down until you see Exam Detail. Indicate the type of exam (i.e. midterm, quiz, etc.). Enter the date and time of the exam, as well as the accommodations you would like for the exam. If you have special requests/instructions, you can indicate it at that time as well.
- Agree to terms/conditions, and press “submit”. You should be all set.
SDS policy states that you must sign up for exams to be taken in SDS at least one week in advance or SDS cannot guarantee you the day and time that you need.
Want to see a video tutorial? Please visit myusf.usfca.edu/student-life/sds/tutorials
Have questions? Having issues? See our Exam Accommodations FAQ page!