Nominations & Elections
Characteristics & expectations of usf staff council members
While the Bylaws are informative and guide the expectations of how the Staff Council shall function as a whole, below includes guidance related to what future individual council members will bring to the table to enable the Staff Council to flourish:
- Staff Council members are, first and foremost, committed to the four purposes of Staff Council, which are:
- Education. Staff Council members will be expected to educate themselves about the Staff Council's Mission, Values and Bylaws.
- Transparency. Staff Council members will the opportunity to better understand the role of Staff in the function and success of the University, including realizing the varying constituent groups that staff are associated with across campus.
- Listening and Advocacy. Staff Council members will actively listen to the input of colleagues in order to inclusively advocate for the needs of our staff to the President, his Cabinet, and USF Leadership groups across the institution
- Communication. Staff Council will be a natural venue for communication between administration and various stakeholders. Staff Council members will be expected to make reports (or participate in town halls) to educate members of the community about the University's Staff related concerns, needs, successes, etc.
- Staff council members are expected to participate in regular meetings, subcommittees, and activities as explained within the Bylaws, which include addressing special topics that will emerge.
- Staff Council will follow established Bylaws and engage in meaningful discourse to amend as needed.
- Staff Council members are charged with thinking about the common good of the University in the context of its mission, vision, and values.
- Staff Council members will embrace cura personalis, i.e. care of the whole person, and consider the needs and resources of staff and the variety of roles staff hold on campus, including contingent, exempt, and represented.
Nominations for Staff Council will be accepted via Google form. Feel free to nominate yourself or another USF colleague.