For students taking Chinese, USF offers two study abroad opportunities.
Through the Center for Global Education, students may attend one of the following universities:
- The Beijing Center at Beijing University of International Business and Economics through Loyola University Chicago
- Hong Kong Baptist University
While studying abroad, students may take Chinese language courses as well as a variety of liberal arts courses taught in English.
To be eligible, students must have attained junior standing and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. To apply, please contact the Center for Global Education.
Additionally, here are some study abroad programs not sponsored by the University, but that generally have good reputations:
- The Alliance for Global Education
- Princeton in Beijing
Academic and Cultural Resources
- Learning Chinese Online
- BBC Chinese
- 新浪网 - Sina.com.cn
- China News - China.org.cn
- MIT BBS
- Tianya BBS
- China search engine - Baidu.com
- Library of Congress - China
- Chinese Consulate General in San Francisco
- Confucius Institute at SFSU
- Confucius Institute Online
Please check back for upcoming events.