Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL)
The Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL) is appropriate for students in online distance learning programs. The PSOL is similar in structure and design to the Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) but the items have been modified and crafted to be appropriate for online learners. The PSOL gives the institution an opportunity to examine the priorities of their online learning students as a unique group. Findings from the PSOL are automatically compared to national standards by institution type on the following scales.
- Institutional Perceptions: Assesses how students perceive your institution.
- Academic Services: Assesses the services students utilize to achieve their academic goals. These services include advising, course offerings, technical assistance, online library resources, and tutoring services.
- Instructional Services: Measures students’ academic experience, the instructional materials, the faculty/student interactions, evaluation procedures, and the quality of the instruction.
- Enrollment Services: Assesses the processes and services related to enrolling students in the online program, including financial aid, registration, and payment procedures.
- Student Services: Measures the quality of student programs and services, including responses to student requests, online career services, and the bookstore.