The Office of Assessment and Accreditation Support manages institutional surveys conducted at the University of San Francisco. If you are planning to conduct a survey of any member of the USF community, including prospective, current, or former students; or any current university employee, please refer to the Institutional Survey Policy. Once you review the policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your institutional survey started.
GRADUATE STUDENT SURVEYS
The Admitted Graduate Student Survey is conducted in fall semester each year in order to learn how applicants admitted to USF graduate programs perceive USF and the factors that influenced their decisions to attend or not attend USF.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT SURVEYS
The New Student Success Survey was developed in 2018 and is administered to new first-year and transfer students each year. The purpose of the survey is to gather information about academic behaviors, institutional commitment, and barriers to success for new first-year and transfer students.
Working in collaboration with the Office of Alumni Engagement and Career Services, the Office of Assessment and Accreditation Support developed the Alumni Outcomes Survey to assess undergraduate student success from the perspective of employment and attainment of educational objectives. This survey samples alumni two and five years post-graduation.
GRADUATING STUDENT SURVEYS
The Graduating Student Survey is the University of San Francisco's exit survey taken by students before they graduate. The survey is designed to capture student perceptions of their educational experience. The survey asks students about the preparation they received in a variety of knowledge and skills, their values, ideas, and perspectives relative to differences of people who are different from themselves and co-curricular contributions to their experience. The Graduating Student Survey integrates the perspective of both undergraduate and graduate students. This survey replaces both the Undergraduate Graduating Student Survey and the Graduate Student Graduating Student Survey.
The Undergraduate Graduating Student Survey was administered from 2003 to 2015 to seniors as they completed their Baccalaureate degree. It was replaced by the Graduating Student Survey in 2016 - 2017.
- 2010-2015: Frequencies by Year
- 2010-2015: Means by Year
- 2010-2015: ILOs - Frequencies by Year
- 2010-2015: ILOs - Means by Year
- 2010-2015: Diversity - Frequencies by Year
- 2010-2015: Diversity - Mean by Year
The Graduate Student Graduating Student Survey was administered from 2010 to 2014 to all graduate students as they completed their Master's or Doctoral degree. It was replaced by the Graduating Student Survey in 2016 - 2017.
The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) is a survey of first year and senior students about the characteristics and quality of their undergraduate education. While NSSE does not directly assess student learning, the survey does reflect self-reported behaviors associated with desired outcomes of an undergraduate education. USF did not participate in NSSE in 2019.
All reports prepared by NSSE, unless otherwise noted.
- 2021: Overview (USF Report)
- 2021: Overview Appendix (USF Report)
- 2021: Snapshot
- 2021: Engagement Indicators
- 2021: High-Impact Practices
- 2021: Module - Coping with COVID
- 2021: Module - Experiences with Online Learning
- 2020: Overview (USF Report)
- 2020: Overview Appendix (USF Report)
- 2020: Snapshot
- 2020: Engagement Indicators
- 2020: High-Impact Practices
- 2020: Consortium Report - Jesuit
- 2020: Module - Academic Advising
- 2018: Snapshot
- 2018: Engagement Indicators
- 2018: High-Impact Practices
- 2018: Engagement Indicators and High-Impact Practices (USF Report)
- 2018: Campus Environment (USF Report)
- 2018: Module - ACUHO-I Housing Study
- 2018: Module - ACUHO-I Housing Study (USF Report)
- 2018: Module - Community Engagement
- 2018: Module - Community Engagement (USF Report)
- 2017: Summary of Results (USF Report)
- 2017: Snapshot
- 2017: Engagement Indicators
- 2017: High-Impact Practices
- 2017: Module - Academic Advising
- 2017: Module - Experiences with Writing
- 2016: Summary of Results (USF Report)
- 2016: Snapshot
- 2016: Engagement Indicators
- 2016: High-Impact Practices
- 2016: Module - First-year Experiences and Senior Transitions
- 2015: Snapshot
- 2015: Engagement Indicators
- 2015: High-Impact Practices
- 2015: Module - First-year Experiences and Senior Experiences
- 2015: Module - Social and Cognitive Global Perspectives
- 2015: Frequencies and Means Comparisons (USF Report)
- 2015: ILOs - Means FY-SR Alignment (USF Report)
- 2015: ILOs - Frequency FY-SR Alignment (USF Report)
- 2015: WSCUC Core Competencies - FY-SR Means Alignment (USF Report)
- 2015: WSCUC Core Commitments and Standards Alignment Frequency (USF Report)
- 2014: Snapshot
- 2014: Engagement Indicators
- 2014: High-Impact Practices
- 2014 Module - Experiences with Information Literacy
- 2014: Frequencies and Means Comparisons (USF Report)
- 2014: ILOs - Means FY-SR Alignment (USF Report)
- 2014: ILOs - Frequency FY-SR Alignment (USF Report)
- 2014: WSCUC Core Competencies - FY-SR Means Alignment (USF Report)
- 2014: WSCUC Core Competencies - FY-SR Frequency Alignment (USF Report)
The Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS) Student Satisfaction Survey is a national survey of undergraduate students that measures how satisfied students are with their academic experiences, course instruction, campus services and facilities, and campus life.
- AlcoholEDU for College
- Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE)
- Cooperative Institutional Research Program - Freshmen Survey (CIRP)
- Educational Benchmarking Inc. - Undergraduate Housing Survey (EBI)
- Higher Education Research Institute - Faculty Survey (HERI)
- Library Quality Survey (LibQual)
- National College Health Assessment (NCHA)
- Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL)
- Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI)
- USF Academic Integrity Survey