End of the Year Ceremonies
Each event is designed to highlight the outstanding work our students have accomplished in the areas of service, academics, and leadership, while affirming the unique challenges and experiences they share. Academic programs, cultural organizations, and the Cultural Centers unite to host the End of the Year Ceremonies each year.
For December 2017 & December 2018 Graduates
December graduates are also welcome to participate in the spring 2018 ceremonies. Students wishing to only purchase a stole for the December 2017 ceremony may place a request with the Cultural Centers through our email <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Stoles will be $20 each and available based on current supply.
For May 2018 Graduates
Dates are set for the 2018 events, and are listed below and the RSVP form is now open. To see photos from previous events, please visit our Flickr albums.
- Interwoven (Asian and Asian American Ceremony) - Friday, May 11, 2018 from 5-7pm
- Lavender Graduation - Monday, May 14, 2018 from 11am-1pm
- Latino Recognition Ceremony - Monday, May 14, 2018 from 4-6:30pm
- Vizuri Kabisa/Black Graduation Celebration - Tuesday, May 15, 2018 from 5-7:30pm
- Indigenous Peoples of Oceania - Wednesday, May 16, 2018 from 11am-1pm
Frequently Asked Questions about May Ceremonies
What is the process to participate in the event?
- Complete the full RSVP form available on this page from March 5 - April 13.
- Pay for your participation ($20 one-time fee to participate in as many ceremonies as you like)
- Once you RSVP, someone will contact you about follow up information including parking, directions, etc.
- Attend the event!
When is the RSVP deadline?
The deadline date is April 13 at midnight.
Who can attend EYCs?
EYCs are open to the entire campus community.
Please RSVP by April 13 to help us make arrangement for the appropriate amount of catering and stoles.
Can I attend more than one EYC?
YES! RSVP for as many as you like.
Is there going to be food at the EYCs?
Yes. Food will be light appetizers.
Who are the contact people for EYC questions?
- Indigenous Peoples of Oceania Ceremony: Erin Echols at email@example.com
- Interwoven: Asian & Asian American Grad: Denise Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latinx Recognition Ceremony: Erin Echols at email@example.com
- Lavender Graduation/LGBT Grad: Ian Zamora at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vizuri Kabisa Unity Celebration/Black Graduation: Lionell Daggs at email@example.com
- There is a ONE-TIME $20 participation fee for all graduating students who would like to participate in the ceremonies AND/OR receive a stole. This fee covers participation for any and all ceremonies that students would like to participate in.
- Students may ask to be considered to receive a fee waiver for the participation fee. They must indicate it on their RSVP form, and a Cultural Centers staff member will get back to them. Most students who ask for a fee waiver are granted one.
- The only payment form accepted is credit card. In “reason for purchase field” fill out the name of the Ceremony/ies the student will be participating in.
How do I get a stole?
Stoles will be provided at the time of the ceremony.
If you are unable to attend the ceremony, you may pick up your stole starting the afternoon of Wednesday, May 15 - Friday, May 17.
What is the dress/attire for EYCs?
Participants should dress as if they were going to a graduation or business formal. Vizuri Kabisa is the only EYC that asks for students to wear a cap and gown.