End of the Year Ceremonies
Each event is designed to highlight the outstanding work our students have accomplished in the areas of service, academics, and leadership, while affirming the unique challenges and experiences they share. Academic programs, cultural organizations, and the Cultural Centers unite to host the End of the Year Ceremonies each year.
For May 2019 Graduates
To see photos from the May End of the Year Ceremonies, please visit our Flickr albums.
- Lavender Graduation - Monday, May 13, 2019 from 11am-1pm
- Latinx Recognition Ceremony - Monday, May 13, 2019 from 4-6:30pm
- Indigenous Peoples of Oceania - Tuesday, May 14, 2019 from 11am-1pm
- Vizuri Kabisa/Black Graduation Celebration - Tuesday, May 14, 2019 from 5-7:30pm
- Interwoven (Asian and Asian American Ceremony) - Wednesday, May 15, 2019 from 11 am-1pm
Frequently Asked Questions about May Ceremonies
What is the process to participate in the event?
- Complete the full RSVP form available on this page from February 19 - April 5.
- Pay for your participation ($25 one-time fee to participate in the ceremonies with which you identify)
- Once you RSVP, someone will contact you about follow up information including parking, directions, etc.
- Attend the event!
When is the RSVP deadline?
The deadline date is April 5 at midnight.
Who can attend EYCs?
EYCs are open to the entire campus community.
Please RSVP by April 5 to help us make arrangement for the appropriate amount of catering and stoles.
Can I attend more than one EYC?
YES! RSVP for the ceremonies with which you identify.
Is there going to be food at the EYCs?
Yes. Food will be light appetizers.
Who are the contact people for EYC questions?
- Lavender Graduation/LGBTQIA+ Grad: Malik Hollingsworth, email@example.com
- Latinx Recognition Ceremony: Lionell Daggs III, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigenous Peoples of Oceania Ceremony: Jinni Pradhan, email@example.com
- Vizuri Kabisa /Black Grad: Erin Echols, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interwoven: Asian & Asian American Grad: Sophia King, email@example.com
There is a one-time $25 registration fee for participating in the End of the Year Ceremonies as a graduating student.
Interested in multiple ceremonies? This one fee covers participation and a stole in ALL ceremonies that you are interested in participating in. If you plan to participate in multiple ceremonies, please register and pay for one ceremony, then write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a unique code to register for no additional charge for your additional ceremonies.
Need a fee waiver? We understand that this $25 fee may be difficult for some students to pay at this time. The Cultural Centers are offering a LIMITED number of fee waivers based on financial hardship. If this is something you are interested in, please write to email@example.com to request a unique code prior to completing the form. Fee waivers are available and awarded based on the time they are received, and we recommend writing to request one early.
How do I get a stole?
Stoles will only be provided at the time of the ceremony and will not be available for pick-up at other times. Attendance will be mandatory at the ceremony in order to receive a stole.
What is the dress/attire for EYCs?
Participants should dress as if they were going to a graduation or business formal. Vizuri Kabisa is the only EYC that asks for students to wear a cap and gown.