Go Further with Food
March is National Nutrition Month, a nutrition education and information campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. This year's theme is Go Further with Food, which is intended to remind us of the importance of making informed food choices, and encourage us to develop healthy eating and physical activity habits, while being mindful of our food waste and budget.
Throughout the month of March, you can schedule a one-on-one appointment with our Nutrition Educator to develop an action plan that will allow you to Go Further with Food, or check out key messages below to help you get started this month from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Include a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Eat and drink the amount that’s right for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Realize the benefits of healthy eating by consulting with our Nutrition Educator who will be able to provide you with a personalized action plan to meet your lifestyle and preferences.
- Check out more key messages.
Written by Jenny Lee, Health Educator and Dietetic Technician, Registered
For more information, contact our Health Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2130 Fulton Street
University Center, Fifth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94117
Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Tel: (415) 422-5797
Fax: (888) 471-2290