Peer Educator Interns are students who work under the supervision of the Associate Director of Health Promotion Services in a paid one year internship. They will be responsible for assisting with the ACS Tobacco-Free Generation Campus Initiative grant as Clean Air Marshals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead efforts to remind smokers of the USF smoke-and-tobacco free policy.
- Maintain and enforce university policy regarding tobacco use on campus.
- Remind students, faculty and staff of stop smoking cessation programs.
- Complete certificated programs BACCHUS and CYAN Cough Training (~15 hours).
- Meet once every week to discuss challenges of the job.
- Facilitate and participate in focus groups.
- Collect information about high use smoking areas.
- Conduct a social media campaign.
- Assist in creating posters and flyers.
- Assist with the Great American Smokeout event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Will be nationally certified as a peer educator by the BACCHUS and GAMMA Peer Education Network.
- CYAN COUGH certification for students.
- Gain excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Be up to date on health promotion, health education, program planning, and outreach.
- Gain a practical work experience in public health.
- Receive letters of recommendation based on their performance and commitment.
- Other fringe benefits.