The University recognizes the following holidays, holy days, and paid days off each year:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Winter Closure (3 weekdays between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve)
- New Year's Eve
Please note the following regarding eligibility and pay for these days:
- Full-time employees and eligible part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work at least half a day on a holiday or paid day off will receive pay for the number of hours that they would have normally worked on that day*.
- Some departments are open when the University is closed. In the event that employees are scheduled to work on a published holiday or paid day off, they will be provided another paid day off within the fiscal year. Employees who are required to work on a holiday may be paid at a rate of time and one-half for all hours worked and should check with their supervisor for details.
- The University employs faculty and staff from various religious backgrounds. While operating requirements of the departments must be met, reasonable accommodations in arranging work schedules to permit employees to meet commitments of all faiths will be extended, or time off may be charged to vacation.
- Union employees should refer to their collective bargaining agreement for information about eligibility and pay for holidays and paid days off.
* Employees must be in paid status at least one business day prior to the holiday or paid day off.