The University recognizes the following holidays and paid days off each year:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Winter Closure (3 weekdays between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve)
- New Year's Eve
- Full-time employees and eligible part-time employees who are regularly scheduled to work at least half a day on a holiday or paid day off will receive pay for the number of hours that they would have normally worked on that day*.
- Some departments are open when the University is closed. In the event that employees are scheduled to work on a published holiday or paid day off, they will be provided another paid day off within the fiscal year. Employees who are required to work on a holiday may be paid at a rate of time and one-half for all hours worked and should check with their supervisor for details.
- The University employs faculty and staff from various religious backgrounds. While operating requirements of the departments must be met, reasonable accommodations in arranging work schedules to permit employees to meet commitments of all faiths will be extended, or time off may be charged to vacation.
- Union employees should refer to their collective bargaining agreement for information about eligibility and pay for holidays and paid days off.
* Employees must be in paid status at least one business day prior to the holiday or paid day off.
USF Holiday Schedule for Staff
|Holiday/Paid Day Off||2019||2020|
|New Year's Day||Tuesday, January 1, 2019||Wednesday, January 1, 2020|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday, January 21, 2019||Monday, January 20, 2020|
|President's Day||Monday, February 18, 2019||Monday, February 17, 2020|
|Good Friday||Friday, April 19, 2019||Friday, April 10, 2020|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27, 2019||Monday, May 25, 2020|
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4, 2019||Friday, July 3, 2020|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 2, 2019||Monday, September 7, 2020|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 28, 2019||Thursday, November 26, 2020|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Friday, November 29, 2019||Friday, November 27, 2020|
|Christmas Eve||Tuesday, December 24, 2019||Tuesday, December 24, 2019|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday, December 25, 2019||Friday, December 25, 2020|
|Winter closure||Thursday, December 26, 2019||Monday, December 28, 2020|
|Winter closure||Friday, December 27, 2019||Tuesday, December 29, 2020|
|Winter closure||Monday, December 30, 2019||Wednesday, December 30, 2020|
|New Year's Eve||Tuesday, December 31, 2019||Thursday, December 31, 2020|
Add Holidays to your Google DonsApps Calendar
To add the USF Holiday Calendar to your DonsApps calendar:
- Open your DonsApps calendar.
- Next to the "Other Calendars" heading in the bottom left corner, left-click the down arrow icon ▼ and select "Add by Url".
- Copy and paste the following url into the "Url" field and select "Add Calendar": http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/usfca.edu_gpcf0u4qprljhfiet0s3bsa16k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- You should now see "USF Holiday Calendar" listed under the "Other Calendars" heading on the left. Clicking on the calendar name will toggle the calendar view on/off.