Young Minds at Work@Home
Welcome to USF's 8th annual Young Minds at Work. This year, with our current remote work environment, we are bringing the event to your home and excited about the opportunity to offer something different. Here are a few reasons why:
- Flexibility: Create a schedule that fits your schedule. Anyone has the opportunity to participate since it's online, with sessions offered throughout the day. Only register for the sessions that interest your child and are age appropriate.
- Variety: Opportunity to offer more sessions and include new departments.
- Connect: Connect with colleagues and their kids of these interactive sessions where participants will have opportunities to mingle.
What to expect:
- The event runs from 9am-3pm with a lunch break from 12-1pm.
- There are (10) 30 minute sessions offered throughout the day.
- You and your student may attend as many or as few as you'd like depending on your schedule.
- Register yourself and student(s) for each session you will be attending.
- Everyone is invited to attend any and all of the sessions, but some sessions are geared more towards a younger or older group which will be noted in the session description.
Prior to Event Day:
- Please review the YMAW@Home google doc with suggested materials for each session.
We are collecting short videos, photos, pictures to create a YMAW wall on padlet and video for our welcome session. Ideas include:
- A short video of your child/ren's response to the the following question: "What does your parent do at work?"
- Photos from this past year while working/schooling at home.
- Pictures that your student has drawn and would like to share.
- Anything and everything that you may have find inspiring this year.
- Send the video and image release to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our YMAW padlet. A compilation video will be created and shown at the YMAW welcome.
Register for each session you will be attending and include ages of students