Information for New Employees
Congratulations on your new position at USF! We’ve outlined a variety of on-campus resources and services to help you navigate the university and get off to a good start during your first 90 days.
Get Connected, Get Paid & Get Around
|After completing your online paperwork, you will receive instructions on obtaining your One Card, USF's official mobile identification card.
|Your CWID (campus-wide identification number) will be sent via email prior to your first day of work.
|CWID Retrieval and Support
|Prior to your first day, instructions on how to log into myUSF, USF's intranet, will be sent to your personal email address. Access your work email, USFWorks, and important announcements and events.
|Your myUSF account username and password also provides access to the University’s wired and wireless internet network.
|USF Wireless Support
|Faculty/ Staff Dining Room
|The faculty and staff dining room, located in the University Center on lower campus, is open Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. throughout the academic year (August through May).
|Faculty/Staff Dining Room
Visit Payroll Services for information about your payment elections, payroll calendar, time entry or time off, W-2 information, and more.
|Download a USF campus map »
Schedule a campus tour »
|Office of Admissions
USF offers various commuter incentive programs and services.
|Check out the GoUSF Wellness pages for tips on setting up an ergonomically sound workspace.
Meet With Your Supervisor
- Be curious – ask questions! What is your supervisor's work style? What do they value? What advice do they have for you during your onboarding?
- Learn what is expected of you in the first 30, 60, and 90 days. Initiate the process of setting goals and objectives.
- Schedule an informal check-in with your supervisor for each monthly milestone.
- Calendar regular one-on-one meetings with your supervisor.
- Ask about upcoming all-staff meetings and other dates/meetings that should be included on your calendar.
- Ask who you should meet with and who you should get to know outside of the department.
Meet With Your Colleagues
- Extend yourself to your new colleagues, both within your department and with those with who you will be working frequently outside of your department.
- Ask for their advice, “What do I need to do/think about in order to be successful in my role? What qualities are you looking for in a teammate?”
- Remember to tell them a little bit about yourself, too!
There is something on campus almost every day that will offer you an opportunity to get involved! Check the USF calendar for all upcoming events, such as:
- Attend a Dons Athletics sports game
- Attend a performance
- Sign up for an Educational Technology Services (ETS) class
- Visit Koret Health and Recreation Center
- Ask your supervisor how to volunteer for a committee
- Enroll in a GoUSF wellness challenge or event
The more involved you are in the USF community, the sooner you’ll feel you aren’t new anymore. There is no shortage of opportunities – it’s up to you to take advantage of them! Check out the resource section for more information.
University business hours are 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The workweek begins at 12 a.m. on Sunday morning and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday night. Each workday begins at 12 a.m. and ends 24 hours later. Work hours and schedules may vary depending upon your position. For more information about work schedules, rest breaks, meal periods, etc., review the Pay Practices section of the employee handbook.
*for union employees
**for USFFA faculty/librarians