Name and Social Security Number Changes

Federal regulations require employers to validate that employees' names and social security numbers on file exactly match their social security cards to ensure proper tax reporting. Therefore, in order to change either their name or social security number at USF, employees must present their valid social security card with the correct name and social security number to Human Resources in Lone Mountain Main, Room 339. For more information on how to apply for, replace, correct or change a name on a social security card, please visit