The following is a list of all immersions offered by the University of San Francisco.
For Academic Immersions, please contact faculty directly, faculty may allow students from outside their programs/school join the immersions.
For University Ministry contact Ana Barragán at email@example.com
Academic Immersions: CAS (College of Arts and Sciences), SOM (School of Management, SOE (School of Education), School of Nursing and Health Profession (SONHP)
UM - University Ministry
L - Living Communities
* - For undergraduate students only
** - For graduate students only
*** - Open to all students.
2020 Winter Immersions
- Women Poverty and Catholic Social Thought - Erin Brigham (CAS)*
- South Africa Study Abroad - Michale Goldman (SOM)**
- Project Learn Belize 2020 - Geoffrey Russell Dillon /Melissa Hope (SOE)**
- Sports Serving Communities in Peru - (UM)*
- Dubai: International Data Analytics (MBA 6797) - Mouwafac M Sidaoui (SOM)**
- London/Bilboa/Barcelona: (MSOD) - Richard Stackman/Courtney Masterson (SOM)**
- Erasmus in Northern Ireland - Keally McBride (L)
- Hip Hop and Social Justice (EMDS) - Stephanie Sears (CAS)
- Black Heritage Immersion - Candice Lynn Harrison (CAS)
2020 Spring Break Immersions
Spring Break 2020 dates are March 7-14, 2020 unless stated otherwise.
- Migration, Borders and Transnational Communities. Puebla, Mexico. (UM)*
- Street Children and Welfare. Lima, Peru. (UM)*
- Sports Serving Communities. Lima, Peru. (UM)*
- Migration and Restorative Justice. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. (UM)*
- Coal Mining and Environmental Justice. West Virginia, Appalachia. (UM)*
- March 9-15- AGI: China Innovation and Global Integration - Prof. Liang Wang and Roger Chen* (SOM)
Summer 2020 Immersions.
- May 17th- June 1st. Building Peace From the Ground Up in Colombia - Brian Dowd-Uribe and Lucia Cantero (UM)***
- May 20-29. Becoming a Global Citizen: Salzburg Global Seminar - Walt Gmelch/Noah Borrero. *** (SOE)
- July 12 - 18, 2020. AGI Italy (Milano-Piacenza) Comparative Sustainability Innovation - Marco Tavanti (SOM)**
- July 27-August 9, 2019. Culture and Environment in Alaska - Prof. George Gmelch *** (CAS)