Advising and Class Registration Tutorials
Welcome to the advising and registration tutorials for incoming USF students. These tutorials will help you understand your graduation requirements, navigate USF's student registration portal, and register for classes.
You will also connect with a faculty or staff adviser in your program/department who can help you decide which classes to register for.
At the end of the tutorial, you’ll be required to complete the quiz in order to register for classes. If you do not complete the quiz, you will be unable to register for classes because you will have a hold on your student account that prevents you from registering.
- Select your major from the menu by clicking on Undergraduate Programs.
- Watch the videos to understand your graduation and major requirements, and which placement tests to take.
- Complete the necessary placement tests for your major (if any). All students must take the Directed Self Placement (DSP) to know which Rhetoric (RHET) class to register for. This link is on the Placement Tests page under "Directed Self Placement."
You do not need to take the DSP if:
- Your acceptance letter indicated that you will be completing Academic English for Multilingual Students (AEM) courses at USF
- You are part of the Martin Baro Scholars Program
- You are a Sacramento VANAP nursing student
- Complete the Quiz. You must complete the quiz in order to be cleared for registration.
- First year and transfer students: Class registration opens on Tuesday, January 9, 10 am Pacific Time.
If you're in the College of Arts & Sciences, contact Tonya Miller at email@example.com or call (415) 422-4932 during business hours.
If you're in the School of Management:
First Year Students: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Undergraduate Studies at (415) 422-2369 during business hours.
Transfer Students: Email Ben Bottorff at email@example.com