Proposal Submission Process
- Complete the appropriate online Intent to Apply form. When submitted, this form electronically alerts your college/division, OCG, the IRBPHS and the Senior Vice Provost that you are planning to submit a letter of intent or a proposal to an external funding agency.
- Once OCG has received the Intent to Apply form, we will contact you to discuss your proposal. We will help you to develop a budget and complete a timeline for preparing the proposal.
- OCG will prepare a Proposal Approval Form for your signature and obtain needed Dean and Vice Provost approvals, including for any faculty time commitments and cost share.
- The final proposal should be sent to OCG for review and submission at least 5 business days prior to the agency deadline.
- For NIH and other federal grant applications, OCG staff will upload the final version of the proposal into Grants.gov.
- For paper submissions, OCG staff will duplicate and mail proposals at least 5 business days prior to the agency deadline.
- Please note: OCG will review proposals submitted fewer than 5 business days prior to the agency deadline, but cannot guarantee confirmation of submission of late proposals.
- If you are partnering with another institution or university to prepare and submit a proposal, please call Karina Fantillo at x6921 first.
- Explore Proposal Submission At-A-Glance for more info.
If you have questions, please call the Office of Contracts and Grants at x5203.