Operating Budget Development Timeline
FY2025 Operating Budget Creation Timeline (June 1, 2023 - May 31, 2024)
- 9/8 Fall 2023 census. Continuing student and net tuition models refreshed.
- 9/12 Fall 2023 census results are reported by AVP Institutional Research and Analytics.
- 9/13 Board eBook deadline: summer and fall enrollment results, FY24 operating forecast.
- 9/14 UBAC meeting.
- 9/18 New student enrollment five-year target spreadsheets are issued; FY24 Q1 meeting of the Operating Forecast Group.
- 9/19 UBAC Education Workshop: Financial Aid.
- 9/28-29 Board of Trustees Q1 meetings.
- 10/2 Budget Assist is opened for FY25 proposals.
- 10/13 Proposals for new course fees or other fee changes are due.
- 10/16 New student enrollment five-year target spreadsheets are due.
- 10/19 UBAC meeting.
- 10/24 Council of Deans and Provost’s Team recommend approval of FY25 tuition and fee levels, as well as FY25 enrollment targets.
- 10/26 AVP Planning and Budget advances proposed new student enrollment targets to UBAC and Cabinet discussions.
- 11/1 Cabinet and President considers FY25 tuition and fee proposals, as well as FY25 enrollment targets, to the Board of Trustees.
- 11/10 Budget Assist is closed for FY25.
- 11/15 UBAC meeting; FY24 Q2 meeting of the Operating Forecast Group.
- 11/15 Board eBook deadline: FY25 tuition and fee recommendations, FY25 enrollment targets, FY25 operating forecast update.
- 12/7-8 Board of Trustees meetings: approval of FY25 tuition and fee recommendations, as well as enrollment targets.
- 12/14 UBAC meeting.
- 12/15 Budget Assist decision-making spreadsheet issued to the President.
- 12/18 Due date for Provost to approve all FY25 cohort/program launches/cancellations.
- 12/20 President’s Cabinet reviews Budget Assist proposals and receives recommendations from UBAC.
- 12/21 President and VP Business & Finance confer and President makes final decisions concerning FY25 Budget Assist proposals. Decision-making spreadsheet is returned to the AVP Planning and Budget.
- 12/22 AVP Planning and Budget informs various groups about the results of the President’s decisions concerning Budget Assist requests.
- 1/18 UBAC meeting
- 2/9 Spring 2024 Census; continuing student and net tuition models refreshed.
- 2/14 New student enrollment target spreadsheets reissued
- 2/21 Revised new undergraduate student enrollment five-year targets due.
- 2/22 UBAC meeting.
- 2/23 Revised new undergraduate student enrollment five-year targets are approved by the Provost.
- 2/28 President’s Cabinet meeting. Cabinet discusses budget-balancing efforts, if necessary.
- 3/4 Board eBook deadline: FY25 Board operating budget report, FY24 operating forecast update.
- 3/11 FY24 Q3 meeting of the Operating Forecast Group.
- 3/21-22 Board of Trustees Q3 meetings.
- 3/28 UBAC meeting.
- 4/25 UBAC meeting.
- 5/16 FY24 Q4 meeting of the Operating Forecast Group.
- 5/22 Board eBook deadline: FY24 operating forecast update, review of anticipated FY25 enrollment outcomes.
- 5/23 UBAC meeting.