Academic Innovation Fund
The Academic Innovation Fund (AIF) exists to seed new academic programs and support the creative re-envisioning of existing programs and initiatives to attract new students and better prepare our students for a rapidly changing world.
Created in spring 2022, the initial focus of the fund is on innovation that drives enrollment growth, strengthens retention, and/or enhances mission by aligning programming more closely with our values of ADEI, global engagement, transdisciplinary collaboration, community-engaged learning, and environmental sustainability as outlined in the USF strategic plan. Funds are available to support design teams in developing proposals, curricula, retention programs and initiatives, assessment plans, and community-engaged and active learning plans. Support could take the form of summer stipends, NTAs, retreat funding, consultancy fees, research assistants, materials, market research, or development of marketing materials.
Open Call for Fall 2022-Spring 2022:
The provost’s office is opening the Academic Innovation Fund (AIF) to specially allow academic units and student life partners to seek funding for new initiatives that will promote retention in our continuing student body. The application form can be found here. The following evaluation criteria will be used to assess the proposals:
- Does the proposal align with the University's Jesuit Mission and Strategic Plan?
- Does the proposal align with the school/College strategic priorities?
- What is the projected increased retention associated with the project?
- How does the proposed project enhance and transform the student experience?
- Does the proposal present data to present the case for the proposed project?
- Does the proposal consider the needs of a diverse student community?
All applications will be reviewed with the relevant dean. Proposals should be data-driven with a proposed budget, expected outcomes, and timeline.
For more details, contact Shirley McGuire, Senior Vice Provost of Curricular Innovation and Inclusive Excellence.