ASUSF Voices, the University of San Francisco’s largest student choir, gives Dons who share a passion for music the opportunity to perform together.
Five unique, student-produced ensembles (USF Voices, Men’s, Women’s, Jazz and SIX Voices) under the direction of Rick Roberts, host a variety of events year round.
Can you carry a tune?
ASUSF Voices offers non-audition and auditioned options for students of all skill levels. You’ll join a community committed to rigorous yet enjoyable music making while meeting other USF students who love singing just as much as you do.
How to Join
ASUSF Voices groups are open to all USF students, both undergraduate and graduate.
Because ASUSF Voices is also a class you may take for credit, you must register online in order to join. You can find the class listing under the "Music" subject in the "Look Up and Register for Classes" module in myUSF.
You may take ASUSF Voices for up to two credits. If you are in one group, you may only take the course for one credit. If you are in two or more groups, you may take ASUSF Voices for two credits.
Alternatively, you may take ASUSF Voices for zero credits.
ASUSF Voices is comprised of five ensemble groups, each meeting at a different time-slot in the week. Ensemble repertoire includes selections ranging from pop to musical theatre.
- USF Voices: This group is non-audition and meets Mondays from 6:30–7:30 p.m. in ED 040. All ASUSF Voices members must be in USF Voices unless a special exception is made by the Musical Director.
- Men’s Voices: This group is auditioned and meets Tuesdays from 6:30–7:30 p.m. in ED 040.
- Women’s Voices: This group is auditioned and meets Mondays from 7:30–8:30 p.m. in ED 040.
- Jazz Voices: This group is auditioned and meets Tuesdays from 7:30–9 p.m. in ED 040. This group is coed and open spots vary by semester.
- SIX Voices: This group is auditioned and meets at a time agreed upon by the group. This is a six-person a cappella group and open spots vary by semester.