Field Study Programs
Field Study Programs Offer:
- Rigorous academic programs through a field-based, experiential approach
- Undergraduate research through an Independent Study Project or Internship & Seminar option
- Cultural immersion through fieldwork, intensive language classes, and urban and rural homestays with local families
- Small group of students in each program, supported by faculty and staff, homestay families, in-country experts, and community members
- Access to extensive local resources and networks
media, arts, AND SOCIAL CHANGE
Consider the relationship between art, politics, and society in historical and contemporary periods.
- Czech Republic - Arts and Social Change
- Morocco - Field Studies in Journalism and New Media
- Senegal - Hip-Hop, African Diaspora, and Decolonial Futures
DEVELOPMENT, ECONOMY, AND INEQUALITY
Witness firsthand the innovative solutions communities are pursuing to build healthier, more livable, equitable, and sustainable societies.
- Argentina - Transnationalism and Comparative Development in South America
- Ecuador - Development, Politics, and Languages
- Nepal - Development, Gender, and Social Change in the Himalaya
- South Africa - Social and Political Transformation
- Vietnam - Culture, Social Change, and Development
Explore the strengths and limitations of diverse wellness systems, healthcare delivery models, and related healthcare policies.
- China - Health, Environment, and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- India - Public Health, Gender, and Community Action
MIGRATION, IDENTITY, AND RESILIENCE
Study the often complex roots of historical, sociopolitical, economic, and transnational forces that shape countries and regions.
- Bolivia - Multiculturalism, Globalization, and Social Change
- Chile - Comparative Education and Social Change
- Jordan - Geopolitics, International Relations, and the Future of the Middle East
- Morocco - Migration and Transnational Identity
- Netherlands - International Perspectives on Sexuality and Gender
- Peru - Indigenous Peoples and Globalization
- Samoa - Social and Environmental Change in Oceania
- Tunisia and Italy - Politics and Religious Integration in the Mediterranean
CLIMATE AND ENVIRONMENT
Explore the relationship between environmental and resource management policies, socioeconomic objectives, and ecological realities.
- Australia - Sustainability and Environmental Action
- Mongolia and Siberia - Nomadism, Geopolitics, and the Environment
- Panama - Tropical Ecology, Marine Ecosystems, and Biodiversity Conservation
PEACE, HUMAN RIGHTS, AND SOCIAL MOVEMENTS
Examine the role of civil society and mass groups—including labor, environmental, indigenous, and gender—in relation to improved social conditions and human rights.
- Argentina - Social Movements and Human Rights
- Morocco - Multiculturalism and Human Rights
- Senegal - Global Security and Religious Pluralism
- Switzerland - International Studies and Multilateral Diplomacy
For more information visit SIT Study Abroad.