Daniel (Dani) Cordial (he/him/his)
Academic Success Coach
Areas of Interest
- Mental health counseling
- Student success strategies
- Holistic student development
- First generation college student success
- Student engagement and campus involvement
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology, Chaminade University of Honolulu, Honolulu, HI
- B.A. in Psychology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
- Psi Chi: The International Honors Society in Psychology
Year started at USF: 2021
Hometown: Mililani, Oahu, Hawaii
- I love the beach! You can find me riding waves on my bodyboard, fishing from the shore, diving in the ocean or just laying out on the sand.
- I love music! I grew up playing the ukulele, guitar, bass guitar, and drums. Live music, concerts, and music festivals are essential in my life.
- I love animals! I grew up raising fish since I was 8 years old. I have 2 dogs (Po and Lucky) and 1 cat (Rosa) back home in Hawaii.
- I'm a player and a big fan of futbol (soccer). Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and the United States Men's National Team (USMNT) are the 2 teams that I fully support! Dale Black & Gold!
- I have not had a hair cut since December 2020. Prior to that, my last haircut was in October 2008!
- I love to work on my car! It simultaneously gives me joy and headaches!
- I'm from a big family. My mom is from a family of 10 siblings and my dad is from a family of 5 siblings. My family is amazing and they mean everything to me.
LET'S TALK ABOUT: You! I look forward to getting to know you, your dreams, passions, interests, hobbies, and goals.
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT USF IS: The holistic development approach for their diverse faculty, staff, and students to make the world a better place through the lens of Social Justice.