Mei-Chen (Michelle) Pan (she/her/hers)
Academic Success Coach
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Provide academic and personal support for students to succeed in college
- Educate students on how to advocate for themselves
- Guide exploratory/undecided students to find their passion and explore possibilities
- Help international students navigate different cultures and academic expectations
- PhD in Comparative Literature, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- MA in Cultural Studies, University of Amsterdam
- MA in Communication Studies, National Chengchi University (Taiwan)
- BA in Foreign Languages and Cultures, National Taiwan University (Taiwan)
- Stationery is my thing. I love to collect various items in cool designs.
- When I have time, I like to watch way-too-addictive Japanese and Korean TV dramas.
- I am fortunate enough to travel to many places, and my favorites so far are: Amsterdam, Prague, Barcelona, Kanazawa, Kyoto, and Taipei.
- I enjoy cultural diversity in the Bay Area: people, food, music, marches, and all kinds of activities.
- I can speak Mandarin and Japanese, so feel free to practice your language requirement with me!
LET'S TALK ABOUT: Nerdy stuff, movies, travel, and your life at USF!
I LIKE: hiking, yoga, reading, hot springs, and alternative rock music
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT USF IS: its vision of educating leaders who will build a more humane and just world