Skip to main content
- Same link text goes to different pages/Same text link used for multiple destinations
- Ex: Two links on the same page with the text "Resources". One of the links goes to https://myusf.usfca.edu/resources, and the other goes to https://myusf.usfca.edu/tips.
- Solution: Change the link text of the link pointing to "https://myusf.usfca.edu/tips" to direct to "Tips"
- Note: This issue will not show up in WAVE, but still should be fixed.
- Skipped heading levels
- Ex: There are only two headings on the page. One is the main page heading (an H1 by default), and the other is an H3.
- Solution: Change the H3 to an H2 (In the editor, under "Format". Change from "Heading 3" to "Heading 2".
- Local link destination does not exist
- Ex: There is a link on a page that directs to https://myusf.usfca.edu/resources/#heading1, where #heading1 was previously an anchor on the page, but no longer exists. (This primarily occurs on pages with anchor links that point to anchors that no longer exist).
- Solution: Remove the anchor link.
- Two menu links go to the same page
- Ex: There are two separate links in a menu. One is titled "Resources" and one is titled "Additional Information".
- Solution: Consolidate these menu items into one link.
- Note: This issue does not show up in WAVE, but still should be fixed.
- Generic link text
- Ex: A page with the following text: To learn more about myUSF resources, click here" where "click here" is a link.
- Solution: Change the text to "Learn more about myUSF Resources »" and link the whole text.