Types of Digital Files that will need to be remediated
- Documents - Word, PDF, and PPT files
(any content posted to the website or submitted for remediation should never contain personally identifiable or confidential information in compliance with FERPA)
- OMC is partnering with 247 Accessible Documents to make PDFs accessible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get pricing and more information. Note: PDF forms are significantly more expensive to remediate than a static PDF.
- It is also possible to remediate your own documents by following this guide »
- We also recommend Webaim's online document accessibility course. The course teaches how to create accessible Word files and how to turn them into accessible PDF files.
- Pricing: Dependent upon the video length. A 2-minute video costs $5 on average.
- 3PlayMedia is a popular transcript/captioning service, used by many universities.
- A list of transcript and captioning services ».
- Emails are held to the same standard as web pages.
- Flip Books
Please note these are only examples of the types of non-web page content that will need to be remediated, and not an all-encompassing list. For questions about whether a piece of digital content is accessible, please contact email@example.com