Department chairpersons are elected by their department faculty for a three-year term and are accountable to the Dean.
Visit our Contact Us page for a current list of chairs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- communication with program faculty and liaison between the Dean and faculty
- coordinate student advising
- coordinate class scheduling in consultation with the Associate Deans
- program development and assessment
- monitoring departmental budget
- report writing
- planning department functions
- administrative tasks
Collective Bargaining Agreement, Section II, Article 25