All employee personnel records are considered confidential and only accessible in the following circumstances:
- The supervisor, manager, or director of an employee or a University official who has a valid business reason may review a current employee’s personnel records.
- Employees can review their personnel records in the presence of a Human Resources representative by scheduling an appointment at (415) 422-6707 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may be withheld to protect the confidentiality of another individual.
Staff personnel records are maintained by Human Resources, faculty personnel records are maintained primarily by the Office of the Provost, and student employee records are maintained by Student Employment.
Federal regulations require employers to validate that employees' names and social security numbers on file exactly match their social security cards to ensure proper tax reporting. Therefore, in order to change either their name or social security number at USF, employees must present their valid social security card with the correct name and social security number to Human Resources in Lone Mountain Main, Room 339. For more information on how to apply for, replace, correct or change a name on a social security card, please visit www.ssa.gov.
All University employees are required and expected to notify Human Resources of any changes to personal information. Employees should review and/or update their personal information, including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contacts, marital status, etc. in myUSF per the following instructions:
- Log into myUSF
- In the upper right-hand corner, hover over your username and select "Dashboard" from the drop-down menu
- Click on “Employee Self-Service"
- Click on the “Personal Information” tab
- Click on the link that needs to be updated (i.e. click “Addresses and Phones” to update address)
- Update the information as needed and click "Submit" when finished
The University has partnered with Corporate Cost Control, Inc. (CCC) to fulfill employees' requests for proof of employment and/or income. Rather than submit requests to Human Resources, employees will use CCC Verify to obtain financial information.
Once employees provide CCC Verify's contact information to the interested party (e.g. a bank, car dealership or landlord), they may obtain the necessary employment information. CCC Verify’s contact information is as follows:
This free verification service is accessible to all employees on University of San Francisco’s payroll.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CCC Verify?
CCC Verify is an online service that USF uses to verify employment and/or income as requested by its employees. CCC Verify allows businesses like banks, credit card companies, leasing agents and prospective employers to confirm your employment and/or income to process loan applications, screen potential job applicants and confirm government assistance eligibility.
Can anyone access my information?
No. For security purposes, only businesses that have received either employee authorization or completed a process that confirms the legitimacy of their business and have a valid reason as defined by the Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) may view an employee's employment and income information through CCC Verify. Employees may block access of employment and income verification reports to non-governmental requestors at any time.
Why do I need to use it?
USF uses CCC Verify to help protect employees' personal information and to expedite the turnaround time for employment and income verification requests.
Can I stop someone from accessing my information?
Yes. Employees can block access to verification reports with the exception of requests made on behalf of the government. To block access to one's information from all non-governmental requestors, employees should: (1) log into CCC Verify, (2) select "Manage Profile" from the "My Account" menu and (3) check the "Requestor Access" box.
Some of the information contained on my report is wrong. What do I do?
Employees can file a dispute at any time through CCC Verify. CCC Verify's customer service team will work to resolve the issue and/or refer the employee back to his or her employer within the legally required time frame. In the interim, employees can block their account so that information is not viewable to any businesses. Employees are the only ones with the ability to block or unblock their account information. For contact information, go to CCC Verify, and select "Help."
Can I be notified if someone accesses my information?
Yes, an employee can check a box in their profile to alert the system to notify them by email when requestors access their information. To configure an account, employees should (1) log into CCC Verify, (2) select "Manage Profile" from the "My Account" menu and (3) check the "E-Mail Notification" box.
What information can requestors see?
There are two reports that requestors can see:
- A verification of employment report, which contains the following employee information:
- Job title
- Job status (active, separated, on-leave, etc.)
- Work status (full-time, part-time, temporary, etc.)
- Date of hire
- Employer's name
- Employer's address
- A verification of income report, which contains all of the information in the employment report, plus:
- Current year-to-day pay information
- Prior two year earnings
- Base pay
- Pay frequency
How do I access my annual FREE verification report?
Once an employee activates their account, they can view their free, annual income and employment verification report from the main menu. Employees can obtain this free report once per year or call Customer Service at (855) 901-3099 should they desire more than one in a given year.
How do I activate my account?
- From your Internet browser, go to CCC Verify.
- Click the Employee icon.
- Enter the following information:
- Your email address - use the address you access most often
- Create a password - must be at least 8 characters long and contain 1 uppercase character, 1 lower case character, and one number or special character
- Your Social Security Number
- Security Code - use the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- Optional - click the box to receive an email whenever a verifier requests income and employment information for you
- Once all of the information above is complete, you will receive an email containing a link to activate your account.