As part of the University’s overall Performance Management Program for non-union employees and OPE staff, the formal performance appraisal is a summary of the year-long communication between employees and supervisors.
For non-union employees, performance reviews are required to take place once a year and consist of the following process:
- Employees complete a “self-appraisal” form to review their own performance from the previous year.
- Supervisors complete a “staff performance appraisal” form to review and assess their employee’s performance from the previous year, and to review and revise their employee’s goals as needed for the next year.
- Supervisors are required to meet one-on-one with their employees to review and discuss the self-appraisal and staff performance appraisal forms, before submitting the completed forms to Human Resources in Lone Mountain Main, Room 339.
For OPE staff, the process is the same as it is for non-union employees, except that it also includes a check-in approximately mid-way through the annual review period. Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, employees are contractually obligated to meet with their supervisors for a mid-year performance check-in; no formal documentation (written evaluation) is required by either party.
Performance Appraisal Forms: Due April 30, 2018
Please use the appropriate forms to complete your self-appraisal and, if applicable, your supervisors' appraisal(s). All signed and completed performance appraisals are due to human resources in Lone Mountain 339 by April 30, 2018. For questions, please contact Michele Centrella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goal Setting Guidance (for all supervisors)
- Leadership Team Self Assessment form (for the Leadership Team)
- Administrative Staff Performance Appraisal Form (for non-union employees and their supervisors)
- OPE Supervisor Guidelines/Forms for Staff Appraisals (for supervisors of OPE staff)
- OPE Four-Month Probationary Appraisal Form (for OPE staff)