- Earth Day 2021 includes 3 days of climate action, April 20-22.
- San Francisco Climate Action
- Review the commitment that our Office of Sustainability makes as well as tips to be more energy efficient.
- Share how you living green by joining the Go Green Challenge.
- Everyday should be Earth Day. If you feel the same, here are 51 actions and tips to make a difference, every day of the year.
- Read about how there is a push to make climate change education part of school curriculum.
Go Green: Environmental Wellness at USF
Restore our Earth
Climate change affects people around the world, and has serious consequences for those in the Bay Area. Protect the health of our communities, our environment, and our city with your actions — they matter!
If there was ever a time in which humanity should finally recognize that we belong to one connected family on Earth, this should be it. We share a single planet, drink from the same water and breathe the same air. Do your part by joining the Go Green challenge to practice living green and join any of the virtual events below.
USF Sustainability Highlights
- USF generates 5% of the main campus electricity demand from solar panels.
- We have increased our waste diversion rate to 64%.
- Only 26% of USF students and employees commute alone to campus.
- USF reduced water use by 30% from 2013.
- USF sources more than 36% of its food from local growers.
To learn more, visit the Office of Sustainability web page.