2024 Go Move Challenge: Week Three Recap
Published February 23, 2024
Hello, fellow movement enthusiasts! There are only 6 more days left in the challenge. Remember to track all of your minutes through Thursday, 2/29 (one extra day to move this month!) at 11:59pm pst. We have a grace period of Friday, 3/1, 11:59 p.m. pst to enter our final minutes. Keep up the great work. It's not over until it's over, but Creighton has been leading for most of the month. Currently, there are only minutes separating them from Santa Clara! We may have a Superbowl ending to our challenge.
Check out some (not all) impressive stats!
- Collectively, our 22 universities, 2600 participants, have tracked well over 2,400,000 minutes.
- For the first time in 5 years, Creighton has taken the lead for most minutes and Canisius has taken the lead for average number of minutes per person.
- Saint Louis with 402 participants has held 3rd place throughout the month.
- Seattle U has 186 participants and has consistently been in the top 10 this month. Their comeback year!
- Many universities are so close in minutes: Regis, Seattle U, and University of Detroit Mercy; Gonzaga, Boston U, and Marquette.
- Take a look at the leaderboard for the most up to date numbers.
Inspiring Colleagues of the Week
Jen Hesse, Saint Joseph's University
How have you been moving? Jen Hesse, Head of Access Services and Student Experiences at Saint Joseph's University on the University City campus, gets up bright and early everyday and runs with her faithful running companion, Daisy. Jen and Daisy also finish off the day with a nice evening walk. Jen notes that Daisy is a pretty great running partner, except when she gets distracted by squirrels!
Way to go Jen and Miss Daisy! Keep up the great work.
Thomas Dorsey, University of San Francisco
What gets you moving? After a series of health issues and challenges, Tom has taken his health into his own hands. He has changed his diet and made exercise part of his daily life. With the goal of closing all of his Apple Fitness rings daily primarily by walking, he has also added in biking at least 10 miles a day during the week with longer rides on the weekends. Tom is part of team Gogogigabit which has been in 2nd place since day 1.
Thanks for sharing Tom. You truly are an inspiration by earning your minutes by doing something you love!
There are 6 more days to go before the winning institutions are announced! Keep moving and logging your minutes. If you have any questions, please contact the Go Move Challenge administrator, Suzy Kisylia, at email@example.com.
As we have been reporting each week, participants have been as excited as ever to share their feedback on how the Go Move Challenge has positively influenced their month of February and beyond. If you missed any stories from previous weeks, you can access them, along with pictures, at any time: