Fall 2021 Esports Leagues
|Day||Sport||League||Location||Start Date||Start Time|
|Saturday||League of Legends||Open||Online||10/23||3 p.m. (PST)|
Dons Esports Collaboration
In collaboration with Dons Esports, the Intramural Sports program will be launching its third Intramural Esports League Fall 2021! See below for all details.
All players must be currently enrolled as a full-time student of University of San Francisco. USF Faculty & Staff are also eligible to participate.
Dons Esports Participants
Teams may not field more than two (2) USF Dons Esports League of Legends roster members at one time. Any team found to be using more than two (2) USF Dons Esports League of Legends roster members will not be permitted to participate in Play Offs.
Eligible LoL Account
Players must have a League of Legends account. This same account must be used for the duration of the competition. If a player receives an account ban due to in-game behavior or Terms of Service violations, that player is not eligible to participate until the
Opens Monday, October 4th @ 9am
Step 1: Login your ActiveNet account.
Step 2: Pay $5 Fee & Register for IM League [Create/Join a Team]
Participants are limited to one team per league. Free Agents may register for ANY free agent team and use the code 'free' to complete registration.
Captains can create their teams as soon as registration opens. Team Registration will close one week prior to the beginning of league play. Teams must have a minimum of 5 participants, without the help of Free Agents, in order to be included in the semester schedule. Teams that do not meet the minimum number of participants by the Team Registration deadline will be dropped from the semester schedule. The maximum number of participants per team is 10.
Individuals who do not have enough members to form a team are invited to participate in all intramural sports as free agents. All participants that register on a Free Agent team will be placed on an assigned team prior to the start of the season. Free agents must be registered prior to the start of play (use code 'free' to join any free agent team). If there is a small group that doesn’t meet the 5 player minimum but would like to participate together, please register as Free Agents and email the Rec Sports Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure your group is placed on the same team.
Discord [Esports League]
After registering please join the USF Dons Esports Discord. The Discord is where Tournament Organizers will be to assist with any questions or gameday concerns.
Fall 2021 Tournament Organizers-
- Claudia (SoySauceTOFU#2803) & Alexandro (bifurious#6064)
Discord will also be utilized during game day as a platform for teams to connect and play with. All IM League Rules will also be posted to this platform.
Schedules will be created the week after Team Registration closes. Default Match Time will be Saturdays at 3:00 PM PST. League schedules will be posted online under the ActiveNet Sports tab for all to view.
All matches during the Regular Season will be Best-of-3.
The top four teams will advance to the playoffs, with seeding being based on W-L record. Semifinal matches will be Seed #1 vs. Seed #4 and Seed #2 vs. Seed #3. Both semi finals will be played concurrently on Saturday, November 13th at 1:00 PM PST. All semifinal matches will be Best-of-3.
Finals will be played Sunday, November 14th at 4:00 PM PST after the completion of semifinals. Finals will be Best-of-5.
IM Champion t-shirts will be awarded to the championship winners!
Setup and Player Responsibilities for Online Matches
All players will be expected to be ready to join the game lobby at the time specified as Default Match Time. Readiness includes, but is not limited to, five rostered players having joined the game lobby and completed client patching, configuration of in-game settings, and completed rune and mastery pages.
Teams may agree to reschedule their matches to a different time, such that the match ends before the Round Deadline. The Round Deadline is defined as 11:59 PM PST the Saturday the match was scheduled to be played.
Team Captains are responsible for contacting their opponents and requesting a reschedule.
The Team Captain requesting a reschedule must inform a Tournament Organizer their intent to reschedule. If a compromise cannot be reached, the match will proceed at the Default Match Time.
In the event a compromise is reached, the Team Captain requesting a reschedule must notify a Tournament Organizer immediately of the new agreed-upon match time and day.
No Show Policy
A team will automatically forfeit their match if they are not ready to play within 15 minutes of their official or agreed-upon match time, or within 10 minutes of the start of additional games. (i.e. games 2 or 3 in a best of three series).
A team may only forfeit one match during the duration of the Intramural League. Should a team forfeit more than one match during the Intramural League, they will be made ineligible for playoffs.
Teams or players may pause the game for any reason. After a pause, the pausing team must use /all to share the reason for the pause and the estimated time to unpause. When a team is ready to unpause, at least one player from both teams must declare readiness in /all chat (i.e. “ready” or “r”) before the pausing team is allowed to unpause the game.
Teams may pause the game for a maximum of 10 minutes over the course of a single game. Pausing beyond the allowed time will be considered unfair play and penalties will be applied at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
Teams are required to field a full team of five players to be considered ready to start any match. If a player disconnects from the lobby or champion select, the team is no longer ready to play, and lateness time begins. If a player disconnects from the game, the game may continue as 4v5 or be paused per Section 4.5.
In the event a substitute is needed, teams must notify their opponent before the start of the game that they are substituting a player and specify which player they are substituting for. Substitutes can be employed any time between games.
Substitutes can only come from the team’s registered intramural roster. If you’re signing up as a premade team and one of your teammates has a tight schedule it might be best to find a sixth person to be your substitute.
Spectators, Streaming, and Recording Matches
Spectators are permitted in official matches via Lobby Spectating only for the purposes of streaming or recording official matches. Spectators may not actively communicate with players on either team while the game is in play.
All matches may be streamed online. Live streamers must use a stream delay of at least two minutes to ensure the stream is showing five minutes behind real time.
Team Captains are responsible for adding the opposing Team Captain and creating a Custom Game Lobby with the following settings.
- Map: Summoner’s Rift
- Team Size: 5
- Allow Spectators: Lobby Only
- Game Type: Tournament Draft
Teams are also required to be in Draft Order in lobby. (Top, Jungle, Mid, ADC, and Support)
Players are free to swap roles during Champion Select for any reason.
Side selection for Game 1 will be based on Home/Away status. You can find out if you’re Home or Away via ActiveNet’s Sports Tab. The team that loses a game will receive side selection for the subsequent game.
Side selection must be declared by the deciding team no less than 10 minutes before the game is scheduled to begin.
Champion Select Process
All games should be conducted under Tournament Draft format. In the event there is an erroneously-selected Champion pick or ban, the team in error must notify their opponents before the other team has locked in their next selection. If so, the process will be restarted and brought back to the point at which the error occurred so that the team in error may correct its mistake. If the next selection is locked before the team in error gives notice, the erroneous selection shall be deemed irrevocable.
In order to reduce draft errors, teams may elect to use prodraft.leagueoflegends.com in order to ensure any draft errors in swapping Champions is not present.
A game will start immediately after the pick/ban process is complete, unless otherwise stated by a Tournament Organizer. Players are not allowed to quit a game during the time between the completion of picks/bans and game launch.
Should any errors occur in game start that are not the fault of the players, the Tournament Organizers may start the game in a controlled manner. All players will select Champions in accordance with the previous valid completed Champion Select process.
If a game experiences a critical bug at any point during the match that significantly alters game stats or gameplay mechanics, or the external environmental conditions at a live event become untenable, then a restart may occur.
Teams are entitled to a break of at least 10 minutes between games of a multi-game (i.e. best of three) match. Teams can agree to a longer or shorter break, but if no agreement can be reached, lateness time will begin counting at 10 minutes exactly.
Upon conclusion of each game in a multi-game match (i.e. best of three), the Home Team is responsible for taking a screenshot of the post-match lobby.
Upon conclusion of each match, the Home Team is responsible for submitting all screenshots of the match as well as a message on which team won in the designated channel on Discord. (I.e. Team Yellow Rubber Ducky beat Team Blue Rubber Ducky 2-0)
Scores must be submitted by 11:59 PM the Saturday of the Default Match Time.
Should a team forfeit, the non-forfeiting team must submit a screenshot with proof of forfeiture. A screenshot of the message from the forfeiting team is enough.
Reporting a No Show
Should a team exceed the 15 minute lateness policy, the team with the most players present in the Game Lobby will be declared the winner. The winning team must submit a screenshot of the Game Lobby as well as the system clock showing that the 15 minute lateness policy has been exceeded.
Code of Conduct
All USF Intramural Sports policies apply to this league.
Please report all violations to the Tournament Organizers. If a violation occurs, take a screenshot of the in-game chat and submit it to a Tournament Organizer.
The following actions will be considered unfair play and will be subject to penalties at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
- Collusion. Collusion is defined as any agreement among two (2) or more players and/or confederates to disadvantage opposing players. Collusion includes, but is not limited to, acts such as:
- Soft play, which is defined as any agreement among two (2) or more players to not damage, impede or otherwise play to a reasonable standard of competition in a game.
- Sending or receiving signals, electronic or otherwise, from a confederate to/from a player.
- Deliberately losing a game for compensation, or for any other reason, or attempting to induce another player to do so.
- Hacking. Hacking is defined as any modification of the League of Legends game client by any player, team or person acting on behalf of a player or a team.
- Exploiting. Exploiting is defined as intentionally using any in-game bug or any feature not working as intended to seek an advantage.
- Ringing. Playing under another player’s account or soliciting, inducing, encouraging or directing someone else to play under another player’s account.
- Cheating Device. The use of any kind of cheating device and/or cheat program (e.g. scripting).
- Official Discretion. Any other further act, failure to act, or behavior which, in the sole judgment of Tournament Organizers, violates these Rules and/or the standards of integrity established by the Rec Sports Department for competitive game play.
- Profanity and Hate Speech. A Team Member may not use language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable; or promote or incite hatred or discriminatory conduct, in or near the match area, at any time. This rule additionally applies to public social media, live streaming, or player comms during live events.
- Disruptive Behavior / Insults. A Team Member may not take any action or perform any gesture directed at an opposing Team Member, fan, or official, or incite any other individual(s) to do the same, which is insulting, mocking, disruptive or antagonistic.
- Abusive Behavior. Abuse of Tournament Organizers, opposing Team Members, or audience members will not be tolerated. Repeated etiquette violations, including but not limited to touching another player’s computer, body or property will result in penalties. Team Members and their guests (if any) must treat all individuals attending a match with respect.
- Unprofessional Behavior
- Responsibility Under Code. Unless expressly stated otherwise, offenses and infringements of these Rules are punishable, whether or not they were committed intentionally. Attempts to commit such offenses or infringements are also punishable.
- Harassment. Harassment is forbidden. Harassment is defined as systematic, hostile, and repeated acts taking place over a considerable period of time, or a singular egregious instance, which is/are intended to isolate or ostracize a person and/or affect the dignity of the person.
- Sexual Harassment. Sexual harassment is forbidden. Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances. The assessment is based on whether a reasonable person would regard the conduct as undesirable or offensive. There is zero tolerance for any sexual threats/coercion or the promise of advantages in exchange for sexual favors.
- Discrimination and Denigration. Team Members may not offend the dignity or integrity of a country, private person, or group of people through contemptuous, discriminatory, or denigrating words or actions on account of race, skin color, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, financial status, birth or any other status, sexual orientation or any other reason.
- Player Behavior Investigation. If Tournament Organizers determine that a Team or Team Member has violated the rules of the tournament, Tournament Organizers may assign penalties at their sole discretion.
- Cooperation with Investigation. If a Tournament Organizer contacts a Team Member to discuss an investigation, the Team Member is obligated to tell the truth. If a Team Member lies to a Tournament Organizer creating obstruction of the investigation then the Team is subject to punishment.
- Ban Evasion. A team may not attempt to roster or start a player that is not eligible due to disciplinary action or account bans by use of a smurf or alternate account.
- Criminal Activity. A Team Member may not engage in any activity which is prohibited by common law, statute, or treaty and which leads to or may be reasonably deemed likely to lead to conviction in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Moral Turpitude. A Team Member may not engage in any activity which is deemed by Tournament Organizers to be immoral, disgraceful, or contrary to conventional standards of proper ethical behavior.
- Confidentiality. A Team Member may not disclose any confidential information provided by Tournament Organizers, by any method of communication, including all social media channels.
- Bribery. No Team Member may offer any gift or reward to a player, Tournament Organizer, or person connected with another team for services promised, rendered, or to be rendered in defeating or attempting to defeat a competing team.
- Non-Compliance. No Team Member may refuse or fail to apply the instructions or decisions of Tournament Organizers.
- Match-Fixing. No Team Member may offer, agree, conspire, or attempt to influence the outcome of a game or match by any means that are prohibited by law or these Rules.
- Document or Miscellaneous Requests. Documentation or other reasonable items may be required at various times throughout the Intramural League as requested by the Tournament Organizers.
- Subjection to Penalty. Any person found to have engaged in or attempted to engage in any act that Tournament Organizers believe, in their and absolute discretion, constitutes unfair play, will be subject to penalty. The nature and extent of the penalties imposed due to such acts shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Tournament Organizers.
- Penalties. Upon discovery of any Team Member committing any violations of the rules listed above, the Tournament Organizers may issue the following penalties:
- Verbal Warning
- Loss of Side Selection for Current or Future Game
- Loss of Ban(s) for Current or Future Game
- Scholarship/Prize Forfeiture
- Game Forfeiture
- Match Forfeiture
- Player Suspension
- Team Disqualification
- Repeated infractions are subject to escalating penalties, up to, and including, disqualification from future participation in the Intramural Sports program.
These Rules may be amended, modified or supplemented by Tournament Organizers, from time to time, in order to ensure fair play and the integrity of Intramural Sports program.