Basic needs refer to the most essential resources required to thrive as a student- including food, housing, financial wellness and health. For students to be active and engaged learners, it is important that their basic needs are met.
- USF Food Pantry: The pantry is meant to provide an intermediate solution for students who are experiencing food insecurity.
- SF Marin Food Bank: Use SF Marin Food Bank's Food Locator tool to find food assistance in San Francisco and Marin. The tool can help you locate weekly free groceries, one-time emergency food, or help to enroll in CalFresh (foods stamps).
- Housing Insecurities: Throughout this website you will find numerous resources to assist with housing security challenges.
- Off Campus Housing: Students who connect with the off-campus living office can receive help in the following areas: 1-on-1 coaching; assistance in the housing search while in San Francisco; legal resources; and conflict resolution.
- Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE): USF residence halls offer engaging programs; a safe, clean and secure environment; and dedicated staff who strive to support their students.
With the increasing costs of college and rise in student debt, it is imperative you gain skills in managing your finances while going to college.
Health is a component of well-being that can impact student success. For students to be active and engaged learners, it is important that their mental and physical health needs are met.
- Physical Health: Click to find available resources to assist students with their physical health needs.
- Mental Health: Below you will find available resources to assist students with their mental health needs.
- Case Management: provides support and intervention, consultation, crisis management, and education to address student challenges or difficulties that impact student success, wellness, and the campus community.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): provides students with mental health services that allow them to improve and maintain their mental well-being and to meet their educational, personal, emotional and spiritual goals.
- University Ministry: supports the spiritual, religious and pastoral needs of the University of San Francisco (USF) community.