The Gender Inclusive housing option is intended to provide a safe, affirming, and inclusive community living option for students of the following identities and lived experiences:
- Transgender students,
- Gender Queer students,
- Students who are currently transitioning from one gender to another (i.e., transitioning from male to female or female to male),
- Students who do not conform to society’s expectations of their assigned gender at birth,
- Students who do not wish to be identified by any sex or gender identity,
- Students who are in the process of discovering their gender identity, and
- Students who appreciate and respect people with the above identities and lived experiences, and who would prefer to live in a community comprised of such.
Living-Learning Communities provide the opportunity for deeper, more meaningful, and connected learning through integration of the residential and academic components. Students in these communities are enrolled in a common set of courses and live in a designated residential setting.
Students who connect with the off-campus living office can receive help in the following areas:
- 1-on-1 coaching
- Assistance in the housing search while in San Francisco
- Legal resources and aid in conflict resolution
USF residence halls offer engaging programs; a safe, clean and secure environment; and dedicated staff who strive to support their students.