New Student and Family Orientation
Actively participating in Orientation events and activities is an essential aspect of facilitating your transition into our USF community. All new first-year and transfer students are required to attend Orientation. Families are welcome to participate in our family orientation program.
Attending Orientation provides new students and families the opportunity to:
- Gain a more concrete feel for the campus community
- Learn about campus resources
- Connect with faculty from your school/college, staff and current students, including your Orientation Leader (OL)
- Learn what it means to be a Don
2021 Spring Orientation
- Spring Orientation for new students entering USF for the first time will take place on Friday, January 22.
- Registration for Orientation will open on Monday, November 2 and close on Friday, January 15.
- All new students are required to attend Orientation.
2020 Fall Orientation
- For the fall 2020 semester, we have supplemented our in-person orientation (now virtual from August 15–17) with additional online activities (USF Bound) starting in mid-June. You'll need internet access to fully engage throughout the summer and during Orientation.
- Fall 2020 Campus Housing Update: Student housing assignments for the fall will be canceled. Students can apply for essential housing via the USFRooms portal. Once there log in to the portal and you will find the application.
- New Student Orientation was virtual and took place on Saturday, August 15 through Monday, August 17.
- Family Orientation was virtual and took place on Sunday, August 16.
- Registration for Orientation opened on Monday, June 15 and closed on Sunday, August 2. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received information about Orientation.
Download our USF Mobile app for the orientation schedule, campus map, latest events, and more!