New Student and Family Orientation
Actively participating in Orientation events and activities is an essential aspect of facilitating your transition into our USF community. All new first-year and transfer students are required to attend Orientation. Families are welcome to participate in our family orientation program.
Attending Orientation provides new students and families the opportunity to:
- Gain a more concrete feel for the campus community
- Learn about campus resources at Dons Fest
- Connect with faculty from your school/college, staff and current students, including your Orientation Leader (OL)
- Learn what it means to be a Don
- For the fall 2020 semester, we're supplementing our in-person orientation (on-campus from August 12–17) with additional online activities (USF Bound) starting in mid-June. You'll need internet access to fully engage throughout the summer.
- New Student Move-In Days will take place beginning Wednesday, August 12 - Saturday, August 15. All new students living on campus will receive information on their assigned Move-In Date and Move-In Time in early July.
- New students will start their specific orientation the day they move into their residence hall and will have orientation events and activities each day through Monday, August 17.
- Registration for Orientation opened on Monday, June 15.
- Learn more about our Special Orientation Programs
Download our USF Mobile app for the orientation schedule, campus map, latest events, and more!