Amazon Business FAQ
1. How do I request for an Amazon Business Account?
Please follow the instructions in our page Creating an Account for Amazon Business in Hilltop Shop.
2. Can I use my personal email address?
No. USF Amazon Business account requires a USF email address. You must use a different email address for your personal account. Only one Amazon Business account per USF email is allowed.
3. Is an Amazon Business account the same as a personal account?
No. An Amazon Business account is NOT a personal account. It is a corporate business account that is linked to the University and should only be used for business transactions.
1. Can end users order anything from Amazon?
No. Due Amazon's corporate credit line policy the following items are not permitted:
- E-documents (Electronic Books)
- Cell Phones
- Cell Phone Accessories
- Games and Software downloads
- Digital newspaper and magazine subscriptions
- Prime memberships
- Subscribe and Save orders
- Print at Home and E-mail Amazon.com Gift Cards
Due to USF's policy the following items require additional approval:
- IT Equipment (i.e. laptops, computers, tablets, iPads, etc)
For additional information on the approval process for all commodities please see our buying guide here.
2. Can my order be released if it is under $49?
We encourage end users to consolidate orders for the following reasons:
(1) Take advantage of free shipping for shopping carts totaling to $49 or more.
(2) Reduce green impact. Consolidated orders will require less packaging materials.
3. How can I track my order?
You can track your order by visiting the Order section in your Amazon Business account. Select the order and click on the “Track Package” button.
4. How do I return my order?
You can return your order by visiting the Order section in your Amazon Business account. Select the order and click on Return. Follow the instructions on obtaining your return label and notes regarding the refund amount.
5. Can I cancel my order after order placement?
You can cancel items or orders that haven’t entered the shipping process yet by visiting the Order section in your Amazon Business account. See the link for more information.
6. Where should I order office supplies?
PAAS supports comparative shopping for various commodity purchases. However, since Office Depot and Staples provide deeper discounts on certain items and offer desktop delivery, we encourage end users to use these vendors too.
Where do packages go?
Packages are initially received at Central Receiving – Hayes Healy Lower Level for formal acceptance. Central Receiving is managed by Purchasing and Ancillary Services. After packages are sorted out, the Mailroom, managed by Facilities Management, delivers the packages to the designated departments.
How do I track a lost of undelivered package?
By going to the Amazon punch out store a user can go to the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner and select "Your Orders". This will allow the user to see all past orders and the status of delivery. Under "Track Package" it is possible to see the status of delivery. If the item is missing or has been misdelivered please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and tracking information. A Purchasing staff member will reach out to Amazon on your behalf.