Bulletin Boards (Campus Posting)
SLE Posting Policy
SLE provides posting services for members of the USF community. This includes posting for student organizations and University departments. SLE only posts material relating to the University on the posting boards we manage. Any material found on the posting boards that have not been approved will be removed immediately.
Posting days are subject to change due to posting board space and student staff schedules. Posters will stay up for about 2-3 weeks at a time, based on the scheduled time of each event/program/initiative. Semester-long events will need separate approval.
We are not held responsible for damage or loss of posters after posting. Posters submitted with short notice are not guaranteed desired posting dates. Only 6 posters of the total submitted are for the campus posting boards that SLE maintains. The remaining 10 are sent to the Office of Community Living for posting in the residence halls.
- University Center Stairwells & Outdoor Cafeteria Entrance
- Harney Hall 1st Floor by classroom G56
- Residence Hall Lobbies (managed by the Office of Community Living “OCL”)
SLE Posting Practices
- SLE Marketing Team will post materials once per week during the academic year
- Materials must have the name and/or logo of the sponsoring organization or department and, if funded by ASUSF, must also include the ASUSF logo
- Materials must include the disclaimer statement: “The views presented herein do not necessarily reflect the position of the University of San Francisco.”
- Materials that advertise events must include the accessibility statement: “USF accommodates individuals with disabilities. If you need disability-related accommodation or wheelchair access information, please contact Student Leadership and Engagement at (415) 422-7256 or email@example.com with the name and date of the event as well as the accommodation requested. Requests should be made at least 14 days in advance of the event.”
- Materials that advertise or imply alcohol-related events will not be accepted for posting
- Materials that advertise off-campus events will not be accepted for posting
- Materials that advertise or promote an external individual, company, or organization will not be accepted for posting
- Chalking is not permitted on campus, and posting or leaving materials anywhere on campus without prior approval is not permitted (Facilities Management may charge individuals or organizations for the cost of damages, clean-up, and/or removal)
SLE Posting Submissions
- Drop off your posters at the SLE front desk (University Center, 4th Floor). We can accept posters in the following quantities:
- 6–To be posted on campus bulletin boards
- 16–To be posted on campus bulletin boards and residence hall lobbies
- Upon processing materials, the SLE front desk will stamp all materials using the approved "SLE" stamp. Materials found on the posting boards that do not have the approved stamp will be removed immediately.
- If you are looking to post at one of our additional campuses, check with the campus administration for their specific policy.
- Posters are due by Mondays at 10 a.m.
- Posted Tuesdays
- Posted in Halls by Thursday