The San Francisco Bay Area offers many internship opportunities to get your career started, even before you put on a cap and gown.
HØSTE Productions is looking for a Culinary Events and Communications summer intern who loves delicious food and events and thrives in a fast-paced environment! (Intern must be an upperclassman).
HØSTE Productions is a culinary-centered event production company that offers culinary classes + events designed to get everyone curious about food. Taught by experts in their respective fields, these hands-on, accessible yet refined classes are designed to get everyone curious about food, empowering guests with culinary literacy to use in significant life moments, from dates to business deals, dinner parties + home entertaining. Offered either in-office, in-home, or at one of our beautiful partner locations, we customize each event to fit our clients' individual needs and budgets. In addition to cooking classes, we offer on-site inspired catering, custom dinner parties, and more.
Examples of Weekly Tasks
- Assist producers and chefs at cooking classes and events: set up, breakdown, and client engagement at events, creating fun Instagram stories
- Assist founder in business development projects
- Website updates via Squarespace
- Creating social media marketing campaigns in collaboration with founder
What You Will Gain from this Internship
- Exposure to some of SF’s talented chefs
- A crash course in event curation, design, planning and production
- How to effectively be part of a
- Social Media content management and analysis
- Connecting with the local SF food community
- Potential opportunity for paid $ contract work post-internship
- Approximately 10 hours a week, including event attendance 1-2x per week (mostly weekday afternoons)
- A self-starter who works well independently, collaborative, communicative
- Able to work well remotely
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active on social media
- Must have: smartphone to take photos
- Nice to have: Coursework in Food, Journalism, Photography, Marketing, Design, Digital Media, Media Arts or Business, experience in Squarespace, DSLR camera experience
To Apply: Please send resume (as attachment) and cover letter (in email body) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications and Policy Department Internship
The Office of San Francisco District Attorney George Gascón is seeking interns. Selected candidates will work with our small team of communications and policy professionals in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
From ensuring San Francisco invests in mental health instead of incarceration, to protecting consumers and fighting for victims of crime, DA Gascón is considered a national leader in criminal justice reform. He is working to make San Francisco the safest large city in America, and was the driving force behind Prop 36, to reform our three strikes law, and Prop 47, to reduce drug possession for personal use from a felony to a misdemeanor. The DA also convened the Blue Ribbon Panel on Transparency, Accountability and Fairness in Law Enforcement.
Interested in getting involved with these issues and much, much more? SFDA interns receive a behind-the-scenes understanding of the criminal justice system, are exposed to best practices related to media and community relations, and will learn how crime and public policy related news stories are generated and developed in the media. They also receive ample training in the legislative process, and will need to attend court proceedings to provide updates on criminal cases being covered by the press.
Important Information: This is an unpaid internship and regrettably no stipends are available. Selected candidates are required to undergo a background check. Internships are offered for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Interviews and hiring are conducted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. As such we recommend applying as far in advance as possible. Minimum time commitments are three months in duration, three days per week, with limited exceptions. Due to the volume of applicants, especially for Summer, we give priority to those able to commit to full-timework schedules. Many interns choose to stay on longer than the three month commitment, which may limit the number of positions we are able to offer in a semester.
Compensation: Unpaid, for college credit
To Apply: Please email email@example.com, and include “[Fall/Spring/Summer] Internship" in the subject line. IE: “Fall Internship.” Be sure to include the following.
- A short (one or two paragraphs) well-written cover letter in the body of an email
- An attached resume
- Your weekly availability, your preferred start date, and the approximate date through which you are available in the body of the email
Thank you for your interest!
Digital Design Internship at Mercatus
Mercatus is a cloud based software company that serves the unique needs of renewable energy developers and asset owners. The Mercatus Energy Investment Lifecycle Management (ILM) platform is the only integrated software platform that automates the full asset investment lifecycle, enabling energy companies to grow their portfolio faster while lowering their risk profile. Mercatus’ customers are some of the largest energy companies that collectively leverage the energy ILM platform to manage over 100 GW of projects, across 75 countries, using 8 advanced energy technologies. Mercatus is headquartered in San Mateo, California.
Mercatus is seeking a multi-media skilled intern to assist the Marketing team in the development of campaigns and branding exercises. The intern will take on several design projects that are crucial elements of digital marketing functions, including email campaigns, video creation and collateral design. This part time internship offers a great deal of hands on experience, with flexible scheduling and a 6-week minimum commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit short videos for company and product promotion
- Design templates for various email campaigns
- Create the look and feel for an entire event, including a logo, branding, etc
- Design a trade show booth and supporting branded collateral
- Create a unified brand image across all digital platforms
- Design templates and images for various types of collateral from reports to infographics
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premier Pro and After Effects and/or other common design and layout applications
- Able to code in HTML and CSS, primarily for email design
- Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software is preferred but not required
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and have excellent time management skills
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
- Must be able to define and work to deadlines
- Build a diverse portfolio of work while gaining firsthand digital marketing experience
- Flexible scheduling, 2-3 days a week in office (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday)
- Compensation and/or college credit provided
Compensation: Paid and for credit
To Apply: Please provide a portfolio of relevant works upon submission to Austin Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org