The San Francisco Bay Area offers many internship opportunities to get your career started, even before you put on a cap and gown.
Contributor Role at The Paradox Journal
Paradox is a direct-to-consumer, luxe organic beauty startup based in San Francisco. We are re-launching our blog - The Paradox Journal - a destination and community for women to get everything they want to know about beauty. We are looking to find team of 5 contributors to write weekly beauty articles for our blog, touching on topics like founder profiles, exploring beauty trends, and digging into beauty/skincare questions the modern women has always wondered but never asked before.
In this role, contributors will:
• Write, research and develop a blog article based on the topics approved by the editorial team
• Produce at least 3-5 articles a month
• Contributors will be able to submit topic ideas for consideration
• Potential to grow within the company and enjoy awesome perks (contributor brunches, beauty goodies, and possibly to interview SF beauty founders after producing amazing work!)
• You have at least 1-2 years of experience in writing professionally. Maybe you manage your own beauty/fashion blog, wrote for your college newspaper, or even have written for Her Campus or College Fashionista.
• Excellent communicator - you’re always on your phone or checking your email.
• Self-starter, always thinking ahead and how you can get there.
• Obsessed with beauty/skincare.
Submit a resume, cover letter and 2-3 writing samples for review (at least 1 blog piece or article preferred) to email@example.com
Apart from seeing your amazing writing skills, we’d LOVE to get to know you. Please answer the following questions in your email:
1. What beauty publications/blogs do you like to read?
2. How do you like to promote your writing?
3. What are 3 beauty related blog topics you’d be interested in writing right now?
Although this is an unpaid internship, you’ll be learning about editorial work and content creation. Perks include monthly contributor brunches with our team and founder and the opportunity to get insider knowledge about how to promote your writing and the beauty industry! Let’s not forget about the amazing beauty goodies, samples and possible promotions you’ll get when producing great work.