The San Francisco Bay Area offers many internship opportunities to get your career started, even before you put on a cap and gown.
Red Music is a multi-faced label services division of Sony Music. With a label group at the core of the organization, Red Music is home to a diverse roster of Sony Music artists. Red Music's marketing department, previously known as Stache Media, continues to offer premium services in advertising, steaming, marketing, publicity, brand and digital partnerships, influencer marketing, and creative services. These services, including radio promotion, support the label group roster as well as all Sony-owned and Orchard-distributed labels.
Are you a college student looking for a social media marketing internship in the music industry? Have a substantial online following? Are you the person that your friends come to for new music? Our internship program may be for you!
Red Music is accepting applications nationwide from influencers like you! Our internship program focuses on digital marketing for artists and brands. This remote internship is designed to be an interactive and educational experience for students with a passion for all things music and digital marketing.
As a college influencer, you will be one of the first to share new music online and in your community. You will be a crucial part of the Red Music team and help contribute to the success of our artists. We will work closely with the influencer department and provide you with the tools and knowledge to execute successful online marketing campaigns.
- Produce unique, innovative content on various social platforms to create awareness for artists and brands
- Attend scheduled conference calls to learn marketing techniques, trends, and more about the music industry
- Develop online marketing strategies, learn digital design as well as being introduced to new social media platforms
- Work independently and remotely from supervisors
- Offer creative insight to projects and demonstrate an eagerness to learn
- Stay focused, organized, and meet deadlines
- Submit reports of marketing efforts
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and eligible to receive academic credit for the semester
- Able to dedicate 10-12 hours a week to the internship
- Must be heavily active on social media platforms such as Instagram, Musical.ly, Facebook, YouTube, and more
- Substantial online following required
- Outgoing personality with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior music industry or social media marketing experience is a plus
- Campus involvement another plus (ie: Sororities, Fraternities, College Radio Station, Clubs)
Perks of Being a College Rep
- A great opportunity to gain experience and get your foot in the door of the music industry
- Q and A's with industry professionals and recording artists and informational interviews
- Grow your social following
- Be the first to know about up-and-coming artists
- Free concert tickets!
- Hands-on marketing experience, resume building advice and career advice from industry professionals
Compensation: Unpaid, for college credit
To Apply: Contact Catherine Rotella, Manager, Influencer and College Marketing at (917) 421-7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To officially apply for the internship, please visit our website. We offer our internship program three times per year: fall, spring and summer semesters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As the visionaries behind Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and Cocktail Magic, the Superfly team is a creative and dedicated group of storytellers, content creators, strategists, and experience builders. Our Superfly Internship Program provides an invaluable hands-on experience for those who want to work alongside a passionate group in a creative, fast-paced, and innovative atmosphere. Forget about coffee runs — our interns learn the ins and outs of business development, influencer marketing, sponsorship, communications, brand marketing, programming, and more.
We are always looking for credit-eligible college students for internships in the spring, summer, and fall.
Part-time Interns: 24-32 hours per week, 3-4 days a week
Full-time Interns: 40 hours per week, 5 days a week
Tom Russell: Partner // Founders Entertainment
"Interning at Superfly was an incredibly valuable experience for me, and there is no question that without it I wouldn't be where I am today. The Superfly team recognizes the importance of internships, and they make sure interns get as much out of the experience as possible. If interns prove their value and worth, they have a good shot at being hired, and even when that doesn't work out, Superfly does what they can to get folks opportunities in other places. Anyone looking to learn a ton about how music festivals and live events are produced, promoted, and managed, should pursue internship opportunities there.”
Amy Davidson: Tour Manager // Arcade Fire
“I'm proud to say I was Superfly's first intern. It led to a full-time position at the company that opened up so many doors to my career in touring. The experience and friendships I made during my time with Superfly proved to be invaluable and I am happy to say fifteen years later I am still a part of their extended family.”
Evan Tzeng: Creative Strategist // Superfly
“In the four years since my first day as a Superfly intern, I have not had a single boring day. It’s an amazing, exciting, and challenging work environment where everyone works hard and plays hard. I can’t imagine what my life would be like today if I hadn’t interned at Superfly – I can’t imagine anywhere else I’d rather work.”
80%: Go on to find jobs within the industry
40%: Continue with Superfly as part-time or full-time staff
99%: Had the time of their lives
Compensation: Unpaid, for college credit
To Apply: Please visit our careers website »
Isolation Network, Inc. (“IN”) is the parent company of INgrooves Music Group and INscribe Digital.IN’s technology powers media distribution for INgrooves Music Group, INscribe Digital, as well as a number of corporate enterprise media clients. For more information, visit INgrooves.com, INscribeDigital.com and IsolationNetwork.com
Isolation Network is looking for an organized and motivated Administrative Intern to handle reception and office management duties for our headquarter office in San Francisco, and to provide support to members of our Executive team. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications.
- Front-office communications/reception (deliveries/shipments, main phone, greeting visitors, etc.)
- Supporting the CFO and accounting department with executive expense reports
- Supporting Executive team members with their day-today calendars and scheduling
- Supporting Executive team members with special projects/events as needed
- Managing office calendar (conference rooms, etc)
- Ordering and budgeting office supplies
- Office equipment maintenance (act as point-of-contact for our office and kitchen appliance vendors, coffee machine, etc.)
- General office administration experience preferred
- Personable, outgoing, polished, and professional
- Willingness to handle other special projects or tasks as needed (i.e. social media posts)
- Must be detail oriented and naturally organized with good time management skills
- Experience with MS Excel preferred
- Experience/desire to be working in the digital media/entertainment industry
Compensation: Paid, 2-3 days per week, $11 per hour (plus any applicable college credit)
This internship provides the opportunity to work with and learn from a team of youthful artist managers, marketers, booking agents and licensing agents who are highly connected to the national music scene. Intern duties will be contingent on our artist's recording and touring schedules but will focus on web based research, learning the ins and outs of tour advancing, label pitching, merchandising, building acts from the ground up as well as assisting managing partners. This internship will include meeting up weekly with one of our managing partners as well as remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include operating and updating the company's social networks, internal calendars, and company Google doc as well as assisting with tour advancing, researching travel, and creating invoices.
Currently enrolled in a college bachelor's program, ideally majoring in Media Studies, Communications, or specifically the music industry. Experience with Google drive, strong copy writing skills, and a humble attitude are required. Perspective interns must be receiving college credit to apply. Photoshop skills and light HTML are a major plus. Driven attitude, willing to work creatively, and an ability to think on your toes will also help.
To Apply: Email Victor Casillas Valle at email@example.com