»The San Francisco Bay Area offers many internship opportunities to get your career started, even before you put on a cap and gown.
Red Music is a multi-faced label services division of Sony Music. With a label group at the core of the organization, Red Music is home to a diverse roster of Sony Music artists. Red Music's marketing department, previously known as Stache Media, continues to offer premium services in advertising, steaming, marketing, publicity, brand and digital partnerships, influencer marketing, and creative services. These services, including radio promotion, support the label group roster as well as all Sony-owned and Orchard-distributed labels.
Are you a college student looking for a social media marketing internship in the music industry? Have a substantial online following? Are you the person that your friends come to for new music? Our internship program may be for you!
Red Music is accepting applications nationwide from influencers like you! Our internship program focuses on digital marketing for artists and brands. This remote internship is designed to be an interactive and educational experience for students with a passion for all things music and digital marketing.
As a college influencer, you will be one of the first to share new music online and in your community. You will be a crucial part of the Red Music team and help contribute to the success of our artists. We will work closely with the influencer department and provide you with the tools and knowledge to execute successful online marketing campaigns.
- Produce unique, innovative content on various social platforms to create awareness for artists and brands
- Attend scheduled conference calls to learn marketing techniques, trends, and more about the music industry
- Develop online marketing strategies, learn digital design as well as being introduced to new social media platforms
- Work independently and remotely from supervisors
- Offer creative insight to projects and demonstrate an eagerness to learn
- Stay focused, organized, and meet deadlines
- Submit reports of marketing efforts
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and eligible to receive academic credit for the semester
- Able to dedicate 10-12 hours a week to the internship
- Must be heavily active on social media platforms such as Instagram, Musical.ly, Facebook, YouTube, and more
- Substantial online following required
- Outgoing personality with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior music industry or social media marketing experience is a plus
- Campus involvement another plus (ie: Sororities, Fraternities, College Radio Station, Clubs)
Perks of Being a College Rep
- A great opportunity to gain experience and get your foot in the door of the music industry
- Q and A's with industry professionals and recording artists and informational interviews
- Grow your social following
- Be the first to know about up-and-coming artists
- Free concert tickets!
- Hands-on marketing experience, resume building advice and career advice from industry professionals
Compensation: Unpaid, for college credit
To Apply: Contact Catherine Rotella, Manager, Influencer and College Marketing at (917) 421-7666 or email@example.com
To officially apply for the internship, please visit our website. We offer our internship program three times per year: fall, spring and summer semesters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As the visionaries behind Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and Cocktail Magic, the Superfly team is a creative and dedicated group of storytellers, content creators, strategists, and experience builders. Our Superfly Internship Program provides an invaluable hands-on experience for those who want to work alongside a passionate group in a creative, fast-paced, and innovative atmosphere. Forget about coffee runs — our interns learn the ins and outs of business development, influencer marketing, sponsorship, communications, brand marketing, programming, and more.
We are always looking for credit-eligible college students for internships in the spring, summer, and fall.
Part-time Interns: 24-32 hours per week, 3-4 days a week
Full-time Interns: 40 hours per week, 5 days a week
Tom Russell: Partner // Founders Entertainment
"Interning at Superfly was an incredibly valuable experience for me, and there is no question that without it I wouldn't be where I am today. The Superfly team recognizes the importance of internships, and they make sure interns get as much out of the experience as possible. If interns prove their value and worth, they have a good shot at being hired, and even when that doesn't work out, Superfly does what they can to get folks opportunities in other places. Anyone looking to learn a ton about how music festivals and live events are produced, promoted, and managed, should pursue internship opportunities there.”
Amy Davidson: Tour Manager // Arcade Fire
“I'm proud to say I was Superfly's first intern. It led to a full-time position at the company that opened up so many doors to my career in touring. The experience and friendships I made during my time with Superfly proved to be invaluable and I am happy to say fifteen years later I am still a part of their extended family.”
Evan Tzeng: Creative Strategist // Superfly
“In the four years since my first day as a Superfly intern, I have not had a single boring day. It’s an amazing, exciting, and challenging work environment where everyone works hard and plays hard. I can’t imagine what my life would be like today if I hadn’t interned at Superfly – I can’t imagine anywhere else I’d rather work.”
80%: Go on to find jobs within the industry
40%: Continue with Superfly as part-time or full-time staff
99%: Had the time of their lives
Compensation: Unpaid, for college credit
To Apply: Please visit our careers website »