The San Francisco Bay Area offers many internship opportunities to get your career started, even before you put on a cap and gown.
Contributor Role at The Paradox Journal
Paradox is a direct-to-consumer, luxe organic beauty startup based in San Francisco. We are re-launching our blog - The Paradox Journal - a destination and community for women to get everything they want to know about beauty. We are looking to find team of 5 contributors to write weekly beauty articles for our blog, touching on topics like founder profiles, exploring beauty trends, and digging into beauty/skincare questions the modern women has always wondered but never asked before.
Although this is an unpaid internship, you’ll be learning about editorial work and content creation. Perks include monthly contributor brunches with our team and founder and the opportunity to get insider knowledge about how to promote your writing and the beauty industry! Let’s not forget about the amazing beauty goodies, samples and possible promotions you’ll get when producing great work.
- Write, research and develop a blog article based on the topics approved by the editorial team
- Produce at least 3-5 articles a month
- Contributors will be able to submit topic ideas for consideration
- Potential to grow within the company and enjoy awesome perks (contributor brunches, beauty goodies, and possibly to interview SF beauty founders after producing amazing work!)
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience in writing professionally — maybe you manage your own beauty/fashion blog, wrote for your college newspaper, or even have written for Her Campus or College Fashionista
- Excellent communicator - you’re always on your phone or checking your email
- Self-starter, always thinking ahead and how you can get there
- Obsessed with beauty/skincare
To Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter and 2-3 writing samples for review (at least 1 blog piece or article preferred) to email@example.com
Apart from seeing your amazing writing skills, we’d LOVE to get to know you. Please answer the following questions in your email:
- What beauty publications/blogs do you like to read?
- How do you like to promote your writing?
- What are 3 beauty related blog topics you’d be interested in writing right now?
We are seeking someone who is keen on writing and can write a super engaging article to be published by GoodRipple to reflect salient points of a panel conversation in a fun way. Supervised by the GoodRipple CEO.
Internships: One time job on May 8
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why this would be interesting to you and share any portfolio of work (writing).
Startup Wonder seeks a high school senior or college-level intern to design, setup, recruit/source bloggers, edit submissions of other students interested in blogging for our “Interview an Entrepreneur” and “Career Exploration” blog series.
We are recruiting a journalism intern to manage a wonderful blogging opportunity for writers interested in getting their work published. This is a great learning opportunity whether you are an exceptional high school (ideally newspaper editor/writer) or a college student. The goal is to design the process, recruit and manage bloggers who will interview an entrepreneur/founder or a professional in a field of their choice. The bloggers will ask pertinent questions about how the interviewee started out, what their business does, and other questions. The audience of this blog series is students who have not selected a college major or students who are interested in entrepreneurship.
Start Date: Rolling start
Duration: Minimum of 3 months (preferably one year)
Hours: Hours vary and are flexible. The hours depend on the volume of applications. If there are few submissions, the intern can write blog(s) as well as design the process for others. The estimated time to design the process is 8-20 hrs. Sourcing applications/submissions may take 2 hours/wk. Editorial activities will depend on submissions.
Blogging: While volume of applications are low, the intern will interview entrepreneurs and professionals. Writing blogs could take 3 hours/wk.
To Apply: Click on and fill out the Application Questionnaire (the relevant sections so we keep track of you) on our jobs page. Additionally, email info@StartupWonder.com with subject line in this format: "FirstName-LastName-JobTitle-yyyy"and include:
- One paragraph (at most) on why you are a good fit
- Your resume, if any
- One writing sample
- Design the blogger application process, including application from those under 18 (and likely parental approval)
- Recruit bloggers from your college or high school
- Review the applications and design the selection process
- Develop a set of suggested interview questions
- Guide potential bloggers on the interview and writing process
- Fact check, proofread, format and edit as necessary
- Work with Startup Wonder staff on getting articles published to multiple channels
- Conduct initial interviews yourself and write the initial blogs
- Preferably studying Journalism, Communications or Writing
- Intention to declare a journalism/communications major is a plus
- Previous news writing experience preferred (ie. school newsletter, yearbook)
- Experience as an editor of a newspaper or newsletter is preferred
- Excellent writing, editing and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and a Self-starter with initiative who can also take direction, lead and contribute ideas
- Ability to work independently, stay motivated and meet deadlines
Startup Wonder is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Compensation: Unpaid, for college credit
To Apply: Send resumes/portfolios to email@example.com
Gain insightful real-world experiences as a design intern at Teak.
We combine the visual design of a branding firm, storytelling of a production company, and innovation of a digital agency.
The candidate must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited university program in design with a strong online portfolio, some work experience preferred, within an agency and/or digital environment is a plus! A passion for career development in design is a must.
Gain insightful real-world experiences as an editorial intern at Teak. We combine the visual design of a branding firm, storytelling of a production company, and innovation of a digital agency.
The candidate must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited university program in editorial with a strong online portfolio, some work experience preferred, within an agency and/or digital environment is a plus! A passion for career development in editorial is a must.
- Edit in Premiere and possibly AVID/FCP7
- Able to create simple titles in AfterEffects and/or PhotoShop
- Transcode media from various formats
- Sync footage
- Compress and post to our FTP
- Prep for audio mix, online sessions
- Attend mixes and online sessions
- Become familiar with TEAK naming protocol and file structure
- Log all assets into Filemaker database
- Communicate closely with all producers and team members
- Help maintain edit suites and editing systems
- Create all formats for deliverables
- Prep jobs for and complete archiving
- Support client needs
- 1-2 years work experiences, preferably within an agency or digital environment.
- Or currently enrolled or recently graduated from an accredited post-secondary program in design, with 1-2 years editorial experience and a reel of work completed.
- Ability to multi-task, work well as part of a team as well as independently and within tight deadlines
- Must be reliable, flexible, friendly and punctual
- 1-2 years of related video production/editing experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop,Compressor/MPEG Streamclip/Quicktime 7/Media Encoder
- Knowledge of Pro Tools, Soundtrack Pro, Motion and Color a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work well as part of a team or independently and within tight deadlines
- Must be reliable, flexible, friendly, and punctual.