Selecting Dignity Health as Your Primary Care Physician
Health Promotion Services staff strongly advises students to select a Primary Care Provider (PCP) before arriving on campus. Many health insurance plans may allow you to select or switch to a Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) doctor, the Primary Care Provider for USF students, as your PCP.
Why switch PCPs to a Dignity Health Provider?
- Consistency of Care. You will be on campus for 9 or more months out of the year. Your PCP should be close to you.
- Referring for specialty care. Your PCP coordinates referrals if you need specialty care. Through Dignity’s partnership with Hill Physicians, you can be referred to a local specialist.
- Prescription Drugs. Only your PCP (or a referred specialist) can prescribe drugs.
- Lower out-of-pocket costs. With a local PCP, you will most likely just need to cover a small copay for any care you receive.
- Convenience. Dignity Health provides USF students with access to two clinics: St. Mary's Office at 2250 Hayes Street (Suite 302), and Oracle Park Care Center at 24 Willie Mays Plaza.
Participating Health Plans
Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) participates in many health plans through their partnership with Hill Physicians, such as Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, HealthNet, Cigna, etc.
If you would like to select Dignity Health as your PCP, please follow these steps:
- Call your health insurance (the number on the back of your insurance ID card).
- Ask to switch your PCP to one of the DHMG primary care physicians at the following locations.
If you need assistance, please call (415) 379-2900.