Benefits Open Enrollment
During open enrollment, you can modify and/or finalize your benefits for the 2020 plan year in USFWorks, accessible from your myUSF dashboard.
Modifying Your Benefits
During open enrollment, you can make the following changes effective Jan. 1, 2020:
- Change your medical, dental, vision, or life insurance benefits
- Add or remove coverage for a dependent
- Apply for the childcare subsidy*
- Enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA)*
- Review and/or waive $75/mo. medical spousal surcharge*
- Opt out of USF's medical plan*
- Add or change your life insurance beneficiaries (SSN not required; this can also be done anytime throughout the year)
* required annually, if applicable
Finalizing Your Benefits
If your benefits elections remain the same (i.e. you are not making any changes to your benefits), visit the USFWorks training web page for detailed instructions on how to finalize your benefits.
Reminders for 2020
Medical Plan Opt-Out Waivers
To comply with IRS reporting for the Affordable Care Act, employees who opt out of USF's medical plan are required to waive coverage annually during Open Enrollment through USFWorks. To determine if you are eligible for this waiver, please review the Medical Plan Opt-Out Waiver section of the benefits guide.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) require annual re-enrollment should you wish to continue these benefits for the upcoming plan year. The 2019 maximum annual election amounts are $2,650 per employee for the Healthcare FSA and $5,000 per household for the Dependent Care FSA.
A new childcare subsidy form must be submitted online for each year that the benefit is requested. For more information, view the childcare subsidy section of the benefits guide.