Benefits Open Enrollment
September 17 – October 5, 2018
During open enrollment, you can modify and/or finalize your benefits for the 2019 plan year in BeneTrac, USF's online benefits enrollment platform. To log into BeneTrac, click on "BENETRAC Open Enrollment" from your myUSF dashboard.
Meet with a benefits team member between 11 a.m.–1 p.m. on:
Modifying Your Benefits
During open enrollment, you can make the following changes effective Jan. 1, 2019:
- Change your medical, dental, vision, or life insurance benefits
- Add or remove coverage for a dependent
- Apply for the childcare subsidy*
- Enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA)*
- Review and/or waive $75/mo. medical spousal surcharge*
- Opt out of USF's medical plan*
- Add or change your life insurance beneficiaries (SSN not required; this can also be done anytime throughout the year)
* required annually, if applicable
Finalizing Your Benefits
If your benefits elections remain the same (i.e. you are not making any changes to your benefits):
- Click on the BeneTrac button from your myUSF dashboard
- Click "I AGREE"
- Verify information, including legal names and SSNs, for you and your dependents
- Click "Proceed to my benefits"
- For each of your life insurance plans, click on "Manage Benefit" and "Add/Change Beneficiary" to review your beneficiaries
- From your main benefits page, scroll to the bottom and click "Review & Finalize"
- Click “Agree to Above and Finalize My Selections”
What's New in 2019
Cost of Coverage Update
Employee premium contributions will increase for the Anthem Blue Cross plan and remain the same and/or decrease for the Kaiser plan. Please refer to the Monthly Contributions section of the 2019 benefits guide on pages 27-28 for more detailed information.
USFWorks powered by Workday
USF is adopting a new cloud-based human resources capital management and payroll system that will revolutionize how we conduct our internal business processes and operations. The newly integrated functionality will significantly improve the level of service to employees across the university. Stay tuned for more exciting news as USFWorks powered by Workday is scheduled to go live on January 1, 2019!
Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
You now have an option to enroll in this voluntary coverage. Long-Term Care helps reimburse covered expenses for long-term care services whether they are received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. See page 18 of the 2019 benefits guide for more information.
Reminders for 2019
Medical Plan Opt-Out Waivers
To comply with IRS reporting for the Affordable Care Act, employees who opt out of USF's medical plan are required to waive coverage annually during Open Enrollment. In other words, employees must opt out by making the appropriate selection in the "medical plan block" each year. To determine if you are eligible for this waiver, please review the Medical Plan Opt- Out Waiver section of the 2019 benefits guide.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) require annual re-enrollment should you wish to continue these benefits for the upcoming plan year. The 2019 maximum annual election amounts are $2,650 per employee for the Healthcare FSA and $5,000 per household for the Dependent Care FSA.
A new childcare subsidy form must be submitted online for each year that the benefit is requested. See page 11 of the 2019 benefits guide for more information.