Getting to USF
International Move-In Day — Tuesday, August 13, 2019
On this day ISSS will host an International Student Welcome Center on International Student Move-in Day from 10:00am to 5:00pm on the University Center 3rd floor on the Hilltop Campus. The Welcome Center is available to help you with all your immediate move-in related needs and questions. We encourage students to arrive on Tuesday, August 13 in order to take advantage of the on-campus assistance and be ready for the orientation program. For students who would like additional assistance getting to the USF campus, ISSS also offers a one day transportation service on Tuesday, August 13 from the San Francisco International Airport. If you are arriving on August 13 and would like assistance getting to campus, you can register for airport shuttle pick up online (registration is required by August 4th).
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to USF main campus transportation options:
There are many convenient transportation options from San Francisco International Airport to USF. We have compiled the following transportation options to help you plan your ride from SFO to USF:
- SFO Transportation website: This website has a thorough list of transportation options. You can find all the information you need about transportation options from SF from SFO.
- Uber or Lyft: It is more economical than a regular taxi and a commonly chosen method among other international students. To use these services, download their mobile applications on your phone, and set-up payment with your credit card information. Price range: $30-$50 depends on your arrival time. This is a very popular choice for USF students and SF residents in general. USF students use Uber/Lyft frequently and taking it from SFO is a very common and popular option.
- Local Taxi: It is fast and easy, but more expensive than most of the other options. You should have either cash or credit card available (cash preferred) to pay for your ride. Price range: $50-$60
- Super Shuttle: Super Shuttle offers everything from the economical shared van service to a private executive car. USF has set up a code that you can use when booking a shuttle. Here is the code: USF16
- Shared Van Shuttle Service: With this option you will be in the shuttle with other people commuting to San Francisco. The USF campus will usually be the last drop-off point so it will take much longer to get to campus. You can reserve your ride on the Super Shuttle website or download their application to book a ride. Price range: $17-$25 depends on your arrival time
- Executive Car: This is the most expensive option through Super Shuttle. With this option you can choose to have a driver greet you at the airport and help you with your luggage or pick you up curbside outside the airport. This might be a good option if you arrive late in the evening but would like to have someone waiting for you. You can pre-book the pick-up service on the ExecuCar website. Price range: $65 and up
*All price based on one way trip from SFO to USF hilltop campus