Getting to USF
International Move-In Day — Tuesday, January 14, 2020
On this day ISSS will host an International Student Welcome Center on International Student Move-in Day from 10:00am to 5:00pm on the University Center 3rd floor on the Hilltop Campus. The Welcome Center is available to help you with all your immediate move-in related needs and questions. We encourage students to arrive on Tuesday, January 14 in order to take advantage of the on-campus assistance and be ready for the orientation program.
For students who would like additional assistance getting to the USF campus, ISSS also offers a free one-day transportation service on Tuesday, January 14 from the San Francisco International Airport. If you are arriving on January 14 and would like assistance getting to campus, please complete the online registration form. Registration is required by January 5. The one-day transportation service will operate from 8am-8pm. Students that exit customs between these hours will be greeted by USF representatives and then provided transportation to the University. Students who utilize USF's free transportation service and arrive to campus before 5pm will be dropped-off to the International Student Welcome Center (University Center, 3rd floor) and those dropped off after 5pm will be taken directly to their residence hall or off-campus address.
*Please keep in mind that flights can be delayed and customs can take 2-3 hours to get through during busy times. Students whose flights arrive after 5pm to the San Francisco International Airport should plan alternate transportation. All students should keep the information below regarding other forms of transportation with them so you can have an alternate plan if your flight is significantly delayed.
For students that will not be arriving on January 14th during the transportation service hours, please see the available transportation options listed below.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to USF main campus transportation options:
There are many convenient transportation options from San Francisco International Airport to USF. We have compiled the following transportation options to help you plan your ride from SFO to USF:
- SFO Transportation website: This website has a thorough list of transportation options. You can find all the information you need about transportation options from SF from SFO.
- Uber or Lyft: It is more economical than a regular taxi and a commonly chosen method among other international students. To use these services, download their mobile applications on your phone, and set-up payment with your credit card information. Price range: $30-$50 depends on your arrival time. This is a very popular choice for USF students and SF residents in general. USF students use Uber/Lyft frequently and taking it from SFO is a very common and popular option.
- Local Taxi: It is fast and easy, but more expensive than most of the other options. You should have either cash or credit card available (cash preferred) to pay for your ride. Price range: $50-$60.
- Shared Van Shuttle Service: With this option you will be in the shuttle with other people commuting to San Francisco. The USF campus will usually be the last drop-off point so it will take much longer to get to campus. You can reserve your ride on the Super Shuttle website or download their application to book a ride. Price range: $17-$25 depends on your arrival time.
- Executive Car: This is the most expensive option through Super Shuttle. With this option you can choose to have a driver greet you at the airport and help you with your luggage or pick you up curbside outside the airport. This might be a good option if you arrive late in the evening but would like to have someone waiting for you. You can pre-book the pick-up service on the ExecuCar website. Price range: $65 and up
*All price based on one way trip from SFO to USF hilltop campus